Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Chieftec Power Supply Units Roundup

Started by: JoePublic | Date 03/30/09 10:01:58 AM
Comments: 2 | Last Comment:  04/23/09 04:05:07 PM

[1-2]

I've had a GPS 550 running pretty much 24/7 for over a year and a half in one of my f@h rigs (per today running a heavily OC'd 9600GSO card and an OC'd Celeron 440, but at one time it also had a C2D E2160, also OC'd). Well, the unit is obviously not 550W by todays standards with only 30A on the 12V rail, but I'm surprised over how sturdy and reliable it has been running continously like that, even though the load on it is mediocre. I've also noticed the voltage regulation is rather sub par, but seemingly the computer takes no notice of it.

But today, around here, the GPS supplies that are available to be bought separately are overpriced not having changed in price the past two years, the GPS 550 goes for the same price as for instance, a Corsair VX550, which clearly is superior.
0 0 [Posted by: JoePublic  | Date: 03/30/09 10:01:58 AM]

I need to ask you folks something. I have a Chieftec case. That and all the components were purchased 2 years ago and I just got to building the machine. At first I used a friends borrowed power supply which worked fine. I have an ATX PSU here that works electrically but I found that the holes don't match the case. Comparing with the borrowed unit, I see the latter has a frame around the supply made of metal and permits the perfect fit with holes lining up. Call it an adapter if you will.

Anyone have an idea where I can obtain such a metal frame?
0 0 [Posted by: HowardBall  | Date: 04/23/09 04:05:07 PM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment