Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Big Fans and More: AeroCool System Cases Roundup

Started by: 3Dkiller | Date 08/07/09 04:45:06 PM
Comments: 2 | Last Comment:  08/09/09 09:48:41 PM

[1-2]

finnaly! i was waiting on this review : ) my next case will be 40cm sidefan for sure, ill wait till they fix the interior design of these case's then i will definitly buy one. also Thanks for this review i really enjoy reading it.
0 0 [Posted by: 3Dkiller  | Date: 08/07/09 04:45:06 PM]

Agree the M40 is a pretty nice solution given its price / size. It should be noted that while the manufacturer (and this review) both stress that you need a power supply under 140mm deep, the fact is you can fit a deeper 150mm PS as long as you don't use the sidemount HDD rack. Given that rack's marginal cooling, not using it may be advisable anyway.

One nit the review didn't catch is that since the upper/lower halves of the case are separated by a perforated aluminum sheet, if your PS has a down-facing fan then its airflow is partially obscured by this sheet. Yes it gets air, but the PS is noisier and can't expel as much hot air as it it would otherwise be able. I used tin snips to cut away some of the partition below my PS -- simple but really Aerocool should catch this in their next design revision.
0 0 [Posted by: Phlogiston  | Date: 08/09/09 09:48:41 PM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment