Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
120 mm Fan Roundup, Part 2: 1350 RPM or Higher Rotation Speed

Started by: cashkennedy | Date 02/01/11 12:29:38 PM
Comments: 5 | Last Comment:  01/17/13 07:54:51 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-4]

Thanks Sergey. Very good article, as always.

Would be nice to see the other leaders from 2 years ago included as well (Scythe S-Flex and Thermalright TR-FDB) but the graphs are already clustered as it is, and you tested an amazing amount of fans even without those old winners so I understand your omission of them.
0 0 [Posted by: cashkennedy  | Date: 02/01/11 12:29:38 PM]
- collapse thread

Thanks!
0 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 02/03/11 11:15:29 PM]

It's rare to see such a comprehensive review of fans. Kudos for the work put into this. I enjoyed reading about unicorn-like fans such as the Floston and Alpéphüophoñer (or whatever); I had heard they existed but didn't believe it until now. If they actually become available outside Narnia or wherever it is they're made, maybe I'll check one out. I'm surprised no models from Yate Loon were tested. Or maybe they were and I missed it.

In my experience, the Kama Flow 2 needs to spin so much faster than the Slipstream to equal its effectiveness that it invariably creates more noise in real world use, such as in a computer case.
0 0 [Posted by: MemJestre  | Date: 01/31/12 07:31:51 PM]

It is an amazing list of fans, are you able to add new fans to your list? For example SilenX have new 120mm x 38mm fans ?

http://www.silenx.com/quiet.fans.asp?sku=ixp-76-18
0 0 [Posted by: yurtesen  | Date: 07/02/12 02:58:28 PM]

Thank you for the wonderful and comprehensive Review; I would have liked to see Nidec Fans http://www.nidecamerica.com/ too.

Also missing was a Summary about what EXACTLY makes a Fan best (more airflow with less noise, price be dammed; since competative Manufactures will be competatively priced).

What I got out of the Article was that thicker Fans with larger diameter and Ball Bearings are "better at moving more air, quietly, for a longer time, at lower Watts" (the purpose of a Fan), what was missing was a better analysis of what difference the Blade shape and the number of Blades would make (though you did briefly mention it from time to time).

A Statement in the Summary that 'IF you had a FAN that had Feature W, X and Y with as much Z as possible for a lower cost then that would be the "better Fan"', (for a particular size, since size is important to categorize because it has to fit into a limited space), would have made a great Summary (and thus improved your really great Review).

THANKS again!
0 0 [Posted by: sanity  | Date: 01/17/13 07:54:51 AM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment