Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
As Inexpensive as It Can Get: Corsair H50 Liquid-Cooling System Review

Started by: Finguz | Date 11/13/09 08:42:00 AM
Comments: 5 | Last Comment:  11/28/09 05:37:32 PM

[1-5]

Hi,

This review would be so much better if you would include some current top performers like, but not limited to, the TRUE, Megahalems, e.t.c.
0 0 [Posted by: Finguz  | Date: 11/13/09 08:42:00 AM]

I bought this system last week for a PIIx3 720 and it dropped the temp by 10c. Even overclocked @ 3.4, it does not go above 19c. Great Product!
0 0 [Posted by: tacomatrd18  | Date: 11/14/09 06:31:36 AM]

I have the H50 myself, in a P180 so I do have a fan on the top of my case to exhaust air. The one thing I miss is the fan directly on top of the CPU keeping the ram cool. That said, my system is 100% stable with the reversed rear fan, and though I know it is crazy talk to have the warm air going back in to the case, it's important to remember that most cases have a front fan option to push fresh air over the hard-drives and video card. And with the regular top mounted Power Supply models, the length of the power supply limits possible turbulence.

I currently have a 6000+ that is idling at room temp and tops out at around ambient+10. Noise levels are down to the point my slow spinning case fans are getting to feel loud.

All in all, I think you should do a full review of the reversed airflow, since you are discrediting ASETEK as being sane cooling engineers. The temps provided by the final benchie are probably way higher than what should be expected since water cooling becomes less efficient as the air temperature used is increased. It is simple thermodynamics, as you increase the temperature of a gas the volume the gas uses at STP is greater which means your air density is lower resulting in less potential for energetic transfer between the radiator and the air, which in turn means the water is looping back at a higher temperature, which leads to a vicious cycle until the system limit is reached and a fail-safe is tripped. This is not an issue with air coolers as the effect of the air over the cooling fins will always directly affect the core. Air cooling is less sensitive to higher temperatures than liquid cooling. Cars have radiators in front of the engine, even though this results in warm to hot air passing over the engine. However with lower temperatures, liquid cooling can be near silent since water accelerates water from hot metals and cold metals suck heat off water then quickly releasing it to the cold air.

I can go on and on, but seriously, I have followed you guys quite avidly over the past years and you dropped the ball on this one.
0 0 [Posted by: ninjaquick  | Date: 11/17/09 01:35:33 AM]

Very good review.
A breath of fresh air.

Grats.
0 0 [Posted by: oldDummy  | Date: 11/19/09 05:54:24 AM]

Great review Sergey.
Even though Corsair recommends pulling fresh air into the computer case, I noticed on page 5 (3rd picture) you have 2 fans in a push/pull config venting out of the case(am I mistaken?)
I'm guessing that was the configuration used for the test results?
If so, the results look even better because I think that's the most logical setup.
Supposedly these are shipping with 1156 compatibility now as well.

0 0 [Posted by: groove  | Date: 11/28/09 05:37:32 PM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment