Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Arctic Freezer 13 and Zalman CNPS9900 MAX Coolers

Started by: xrror | Date 03/20/11 09:59:46 AM
Comments: 1 | Last Comment:  03/20/11 09:59:46 AM

[1-1]

Our readers have asked that we perform our cooler tests without overclocking our CPU since overclockers are but a small share of PC users.
Ugh, people who won't overclock don't need to be buying aftermarket heatsinks. Even if they bought an OEM processor without a heatsink, or their stock cooler somehow becomes broken... I'm pretty sure even the worst heatsink for a given socket will probably suffice.

I'm not ranting at Xbit, but at these people who request non-overclocked anything from an Xbit article while justifying it with "overclockers are a niche." You know, if I wanted to know how a particiluar heatsink would do in my Dell or eMachines, you can look on C|Net for that. Xbit is about taking a soldering iron to your computer and seeing if you can burn the Kill-A-Watt on the wall =D

The only useful results I could see derived from this might be acoustics for building a quiet computer. I guess I just don't want to see other Xbit articles getting filled with numbed down clutter just to satisfy these "majority" folks who are too dull to extrapolate trends from the overclocked results. What's good for the goose will work on your gander.

... I was amused though when Sergey disabled Hyperthreading. People who refuse to overclock don't need fancy CPU features! lol

Because of couse Joe Dell is gonna have a i7-980 heh...
0 0 [Posted by: xrror  | Date: 03/20/11 09:59:46 AM]

[1-1]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment