Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
“Dead Calm”: Nofen Set A40 Fanless System Review

Started by: mascotzel | Date 03/23/11 11:44:35 AM
Comments: 7 | Last Comment:  02/22/12 11:00:17 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-4]

Unimpressive.
ANd their other case, CS-60 is a copy after In WIn Dragon Slayer.
0 0 [Posted by: mascotzel  | Date: 03/23/11 11:44:35 AM]
- collapse thread

Nofen Corporation is the manufacturer of CPU cooler. Our main item is CR-100A. The case CS-60 is from In Win which has cooperative relations with us. That's why the appearance of CS-60 is similar to Dragon Slayer. We will try to get more creative cases in the near future. Thank you for your comment. (Nofen CS Team)
0 0 [Posted by: EJ  | Date: 03/28/11 04:45:23 AM]

Does it comes in white as well? I could love to get one for my desktop.
0 0 [Posted by: nitro912gr  | Date: 03/24/11 07:15:57 AM]
- collapse thread

We don't have a case in white at the moment. However, we will positively consider your idea for future development. Thank you for your comment. (Nofen CS Team)
0 0 [Posted by: EJ  | Date: 03/28/11 04:45:57 AM]

For $415 I'll honeycomb-soundproof a plastic box. Hidden in a cabinet. Handcrafted from exotic wood. In a separate room of the house. With the money I'll have left over, I'll build an addition to relocate the computer, lay cables to my office and still have enough for a down-payment on something shiny.

Innovative, yes. But God Almighty is it an impractical allocation of resources...

Edit: To be fair, I'm sure this product would appeal to hyper-ecosensitive consumers who would prefer this over a design that involved some "power-hungry" thermoelectric cooling arrangement. That's about the nicest thing I can say because I can't justify the price. By the time I reached the end of the article, I thought the product would be *maybe* as high as $200--never the staggering $400+ retail.

To suggest that this would be a good product for use in a sound-sensitive environment, such as a sound studio, is right on. Then again, for the same money, there are equal or better-performing solutions that don't cost as much. And if sound really was a critical issue, the hum of a CD drive, hard drive or other peripherals is going to be an issue as well, so the computer would STILL have to be relocated altogether.

If that were the case, the money that could be spent on this case would be much better appropriated on higher quality sound equipment (or sound insulation) or the cost of a near-silent HTPC, since the difference in ambient noise between the products is sure to render the innovations of this case negligible (the ambient noise of the quietest of rooms is almost assuredly of greater decibel than the perceived sound coming from either product).
0 0 [Posted by: alvos  | Date: 03/28/11 10:12:57 AM]
- collapse thread

Yes, it is much expensive if the comparison is focused on price only. Nofen cooler is a semi-permanent life time while current coolers are around 2~3 years life time. It is not only noise-free, but also money-saver if considering the reasonable maintenance and long life. We will keep doing our research and development to reduce the cost, so we can provide customers with a good price in the future. Thank you for your comment. (Nofen CS Team)
0 0 [Posted by: EJ  | Date: 04/05/11 05:34:32 AM]

I have the A43 and this is a greatly undiscovered experience for many. I run a Gigabyte motherboard with Core i7 and SSD drives. I particularily found it indispensable when I began some home studio voice recording. Getting down to the noise floor of studio mikes is a challenge and most evident noise sources was computer fans and disk drives part from residential ventilation, a kitchen refrigerator and outside traffic. I found this machine is wonderful for low noise audio recording when you run everything in the same room and the environment can just about be made dead silent. And it doubles as a general purpose office development computer hooked up to dual display. Get one of these case kits while NOFAN still make them. I like to thank the Nofen CS Team for a great product. You supply the missing pieces for assembling a silent desktop computer.
0 0 [Posted by: mobimation  | Date: 02/22/12 11:00:17 PM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment