Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
TrendNET TEW-691GR Wireless-N Gigabit Router and TEW-687GA Wireless-N Gaming Adapter Review

Started by: hsew | Date 04/25/11 09:34:31 PM
Comments: 2 | Last Comment:  05/04/11 03:11:54 PM

[1-2]

As for the TEW-687GA adapter, its specs and capabilities are in fact unmatched, which must be the reason why it is so steeply priced.

*Looks back at Wireless performance section*

Wait, what? Are you sure about that?

The triple-channel adapter is greatly inferior to its simpler opponent. I’d really recommend TrendNET to revise their firmware for the TEW-687GA. Although its speed of 70-90 Mbps is good, the speed of 150 Mbps is much better.
0 0 [Posted by: hsew  | Date: 04/25/11 09:34:31 PM]

I wouldn't mind seeing a article comparing 10 or so wireless N routers in the 100-200 range. (1 Mid and 1 High range offering for each of the big companies: Netgear, Linksys, DLink...). In the value market its really hit or miss quality wise and all the offerings only have the processing power for the bare minimum, but in the mid to high range you start getting some nicer offerings, and it is harder to pick.

Whether Xbit can get their hands on that many routers to test, I'm not sure, but I would read the article if they did!
1 0 [Posted by: cashkennedy  | Date: 05/04/11 03:11:54 PM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment