Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Charming Compactness: Mini-ITX Cases Roundup

Started by: siuol11 | Date 01/14/10 06:22:55 PM
Comments: 5 | Last Comment:  03/03/10 06:32:26 PM

[1-5]

None of them look that great... I don't get how it's so hard for these companies to make something that looks sexy- not like a shiny $1 Chinese toy. If you want sexy, check out HP's line of Medismart server cases. How hard is it to make something like that?
0 0 [Posted by: siuol11  | Date: 01/14/10 06:22:55 PM]

THanks for the review.

One quick remark about the Silverstone case: Silverstone sells a very smartly designed passive CPU cooler, that uses heatpipes leading to aluminum fins that fit right below the PSU fan. One fan less, less noise... I've been using that setup for a few months, with a Phenom II X3 BE.

Silverstone also sells a Small-PC-specific PSU with shorter and more bendy cables.
0 0 [Posted by: obarthelemy  | Date: 01/14/10 09:09:53 PM]

I think the article has misunderstood Mini-ITX. The market for high performance or gaming mini-itx systems is very small. The main market is for small, quiet, systems that are standard PCs, HTPCs or home servers. Dual core systems with integrated graphics, or else Atom-based systems. Not quad core with high-end discrete graphics. Clarkdale (and pineview) will provide the standard chips for this platform and give it a boost.
0 0 [Posted by: CSMR  | Date: 01/15/10 12:16:48 PM]

Thanks for a nice roundup! I miss one case though, the Lian Li PC-Q07 ( http://www.lian-li.com/v2...mp;ss_index=63&g=spec ). Perhaps a little bit bigger than some of the other cases, but very easy to work with, uses standard size PSU and DVD-drive. Oh, and it IS good looking. I bought one 3-4 months ago, and I am very pleased with it. Anyone considering buying a mini ITX-case should also consider this one. Smile / Joakim
0 0 [Posted by: JoakimC  | Date: 01/17/10 03:16:40 AM]

Nice reviews, great site! I liked your detailed review of the cooler master elite 100 case. I bought it on special for 39.00 and free shipping at newegg. I put an Asus ITX-220 in it and I was very happy with it. I was not using the pci slot anyway and my main goal was to give me more desk space, I installed on the back of my 17" acer monitor for a compact nettop. The power supply fan replacement was a good call, Big difference. I did notice something else about the case, you could put a pico power supply in it, if you wanted to open up that pci slot. Thanks again for the heads up on the fan noise... I think you may find the Asus ITX 220 an interesting board to review.
0 0 [Posted by: jdeb  | Date: 03/03/10 06:32:26 PM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment