Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Scythe Attacks: Mine 2 Super-Cooler Review

Started by: kateab | Date 06/23/11 01:17:57 AM
Comments: 5 | Last Comment:  06/29/11 01:25:55 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-3]

Still doesn't beat Thermalright's Archon cooler.
0 0 [Posted by: TeemuMilto  | Date: 06/23/11 06:30:11 AM]

Is there any chance of testing the dual-tower coolers with 3 fans? If increasing the airflow on one of the heatsink arrays improves temperatures by 2-4 degrees, wouldn't adding an additional fan to the second array provide similar benefit? If so, we looking at cooling performance equivalent to Archon.
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 06/23/11 06:50:14 AM]
- collapse thread

The third fan gives not 2-4, but 1-2 degrees only. This useless business.
1 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 06/23/11 10:13:18 AM]

Thanks! That's similar to my personal experience but a second fan does not yeald as much as your scenario. Thanks again!
1 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 06/23/11 12:56:41 PM]

I wouldn't fault the Mine cooler a lot for having its screws come in from the bottom of the motherboard. That certainly isn't as good as screws that are accessible from the top with the mobo in the case - but I doubt that many coolers offer that. With the mobo out, bottom screws are always going to be easier to use.

This assumes that you're using a backing plate, as I think anyone mounting a heavy cooler and wanting the best contact would do.

For example, my Xigmatek HDT-S1283 has top-entry screws, but I probably can't remove it without pulling the motherboard. If I could get it off, I could never get it back on. And even with the mobo out of the case the screws are difficult to turn. So I would much prefer bottom-entry screws on this thing.
0 0 [Posted by: Papoulka  | Date: 06/23/11 04:12:23 PM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment