Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Contemporary Graphics Accelerators in F.E.A.R. 3

Started by: YukaKun | Date 07/16/11 09:05:30 PM
Comments: 3 | Last Comment:  08/15/11 04:09:13 AM

[1-3]

The FEAR franchise has been with a lot of up's and down's IMO, but the original FEAR, Extraction Point and FEAR2: Project Origin were very very good. And by good I mean "i jumped a lot of my seat through the game".

One thing I didn't like though, is the structured pace of action. Other than that, amazing story telling.

And looks like my 4890 will struggle with this one xP

Cheers!
0 0 [Posted by: YukaKun  | Date: 07/16/11 09:05:30 PM]

GT 430 is weak. For this price point, Nvidia needs a new GT 530 that is not a rebranded GT430/GT440, but has more powerful architecture. It seems they are waiting for the 28nm process to release such a product.
0 0 [Posted by: BernardP  | Date: 07/18/11 04:27:48 AM]

Yaroslav Lyssenko,

Great performance review. Thanks a lot for investigating the image quality between FXAA vs. conventional multisampling AA, an for exploring the performance differences between those two AA modes across the two vendors.

Looks like multi-sampling is the preferable method of anti-aliasing in this game over FXAA.
0 0 [Posted by: BestJinjo  | Date: 07/18/11 07:04:23 PM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment