Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Chasing the Leader: NZXT Havik 140 Cooler Review

Started by: BestJinjo | Date 08/09/11 04:09:12 PM
Comments: 11 | Last Comment:  08/16/11 10:00:21 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-6]

"I will be brief: NZXT Havik 140 is an excellent cooler! It is the most effective CPU cooler today, and it doesn’t yield even to Thermalright Archon. However, unlike its powerful competitor, Havik 140 is more compact in size and costs less ($700 vs. almost $100)"

I think you meant $70 vs. $100 (with 2x TY-100 fans).
0 0 [Posted by: BestJinjo  | Date: 08/09/11 04:09:12 PM]
- collapse thread

thank you! yes, of course, it was a typo
0 0 [Posted by: Anna  | Date: 08/09/11 07:24:31 PM]

Seems like the Archon is still the more efficient cooler, the Havik requires much higher fan speeds and noise in order to match up cooling efficiency.
0 0 [Posted by: jhatfie  | Date: 08/09/11 04:57:36 PM]
- collapse thread

Yes.
0 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 08/09/11 08:39:31 PM]

Not even close!!
0 0 [Posted by: TeemuMilto  | Date: 08/10/11 09:06:17 AM]

show the post
0 5 [Posted by: veli05  | Date: 08/10/11 01:08:37 PM]

Quote "I am sure you know that the best air processor cooler available today is Thermalright Archon."
I have seen this disputed on many websites.
In fact it's hard to find on that agrees with your statement.
I'm not saying that what you say isn't true. I just see so many other coolers lauded as "the best" it’s difficult to know who to believe.
I have seen the Noctua NH-D14, Thermalright Silver Arrow, Scythe Mugen 2 and even `if you can believe it´ the Corsair H70 get better results than the Archon.
0 1 [Posted by: SgtBilko  | Date: 08/11/11 06:22:29 AM]
- collapse thread

No one of this coolers can beat the Archon with 2 TY-140. If this is happens your CPU is not too hot for tests or you burn-in program is not so "burnings".

Corsair H70 even is not a Supercooler.
1 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 08/11/11 09:21:11 AM]

I find it a bit weird that this review hails the NZXT Havik 140 as the best air cooler to date and only has one rival in the Thermalright Archon.
When I can go back in the archives and find a review on the Silver Arrow and Noctua NH-D14. See link:-
http://www.xbitlabs.com/a...silver-arrow_5.html#sect0
This review shows clearly that the Silver Arrow and Noctua run cooler than the NZXT Havik 140 or the Thermalright Archon.
1 0 [Posted by: SgtBilko  | Date: 08/15/11 04:11:01 AM]
- collapse thread

You are inattentive.

1. In the review of the Silver Arrow and Noctua NH-D14 was "We ran all tests inside a system case with a removed side panel." against "We performed all cooler tests inside a closed system case. " in this review.

2. "The room temperature during our test session varied between the annoying 23.6-23.9 °C." in the review of the Silver Arrow and Noctua NH-D14, and "The room temperature during our test session varied between 24.8-25.2 °C." in this review.

And many other factors is necessary to consider.
And try this:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/a.../thermalright-archon.html
1 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 08/15/11 10:53:54 AM]

Point taken. I didn't notice that when I skimmed the review. Neither did I notice that you used two different stress test programs (Linpack and CST). So I can't really compair your reviews at all, can I?
The inclusion of delta temps, imho would help though. They reduce the margin of error. At least when compairing reviews that include test results carried out on the same testbed.
I don't have any issues with your website. I have it as one of my favourites, and read most reviews and articles.
As I stated in my first post, I have seen other coolers lauded as the best.
By your own admission, you haven't tested the D14 or Silver Arrow under the same conditions as the Archon or Havik in this review.
Bottom line, I still don't know which is best and I can't use your or other reviews for comparison when they have different parameters.
0 0 [Posted by: SgtBilko  | Date: 08/16/11 10:00:21 AM]

[1-6]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment