Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Coolink Corator DS: Cooler with Gapless Direct Touch Technology

Started by: jonup | Date 03/12/10 08:40:41 AM
Comments: 5 | Last Comment:  03/25/10 09:27:55 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-4]

I wonder if you attached the second fan to the denser heatsink array, whether it will more efficient. Why didn't you try three fans? It's a great cooler review as usual! I just want to explore other scenarios.
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 03/12/10 08:40:41 AM]

You also notice that the heatpipes in the base are somewhat thicker, which looks very much like soldered additional copper plates, but we didn’t find any traces of soldering or thermal glue to support this assumption.

These do not look like they a part of the heatpipes but either way they look like a great idea. I grabbed one of the Xigmatek's first HDCs a few years ago and there were huge gaps between the heatpipes and the aluminum inserts. Lapping did not help much. However, it looks like lapping the GHC would e a lot more effective. Can you comment on that?
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 03/12/10 09:02:45 AM]

Lapping a HDT/HDC style cooler is dangerous business... I have seen pics of people who lapped them very gently, and they still destroyed the cooler.

Look halfway down the page at a pic of a failure: http://www.overclockers.c...s/showthread.php?t=593053
0 0 [Posted by: panfist  | Date: 03/12/10 09:25:47 AM]
- collapse thread

Haha! That guy did not lopped it gently. In trditional copper based cooler people tipically want to reduce the distance between the heatpipes and the surface of the base. If you take on the same approach with HDT/C you'll end up with a cooler like on the picture. For this type of coolers you need to use only 2000+ grit paper for a fine finish on the pipes. if the aluminum filling inbetween is sticking out it will be sent off before u touch the pipes. Once you start sending the pipes you do it only till you get nice polish. In my case, I did gain about 2-3 degrees on an oced A64x2. Nothing I couldn't get out of better fan, but it was worth the experience.
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 03/12/10 12:05:53 PM]

those heat pipes have been dipped in molten copper thats why it doesn't look like it's been soldered and then machined to finish
0 0 [Posted by: Athlonite  | Date: 03/25/10 09:27:55 AM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment