Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Contemporary Graphics Cards in Metro 2033

Started by: Nictron | Date 03/23/10 10:41:12 PM
Comments: 12 | Last Comment:  04/13/10 09:02:58 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-10]

I would've liked one page looking at DX11 image quality and performance.

Just because Nvidia is still lagging why can't it be covered as a desperate page?

Otherwise great article as always.

Regards
0 0 [Posted by: Nictron  | Date: 03/23/10 10:41:12 PM]
- collapse thread

Probably when they'll have a Fermi card they'll do a DX11 comparison between Fermi and HD58x0 in DX11.
0 0 [Posted by: burebista  | Date: 03/24/10 12:01:09 AM]

Yep, a DX11 graphic comparison would have been recommended. ALSO, it seems that this games favors DX11 hardware (as seen some other reviews...)
0 0 [Posted by: TAViX  | Date: 03/24/10 02:04:34 AM]

What happened to the nVIDIA cards? What? They didn't work with the developer to make some tricks to cap ATI's performance just like they did in Batman ?
0 0 [Posted by: East17  | Date: 03/24/10 03:23:29 AM]

Any chance to test the mainstream HW in lower settings? I do not expect my $100 and odd to run games with full eye candy turned on. To me it makes more sense to know if I can run the game at all and at what cost.
Thanks!
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 03/24/10 04:48:17 AM]

It would be great to compare dx11 tesselation and advanced DOF with just very high. If it justify the insane performance hit it makes.
0 0 [Posted by: Zool  | Date: 03/25/10 02:33:59 AM]

"This and that card are hopeless" i love how the reviewer automatically assumes you are using crazy resolutions like he does. what if you are not playing this with a crappy desktop lcd? I mean the game is designed for lower resolutions. what if you are using a good plasma a hdtv with a nice IPS panel at 720p? ( or a crt if you are hardcore) at 1360 x 768 basically all this cards are capable of pushing the highest settings with decent fps. basically, -to me- this review is pointless.
0 0 [Posted by: ut66  | Date: 03/26/10 06:12:46 AM]

advanced physx on, right ?
well, it appears that using GPU physx from NV driver lowers performances in this case, as the game's physx is multicore optimized and graphics are already very heavy on the GPU.

according to pcgameshardware's review, adv physx in game has no impact on ATI card's performances as well as on NV cards, as long as CPU does the physx caculations.

GPU PhysX degrade fps in this game, but this review is based on NV's GPU PhysX vs ATI CPU PhysX.

bottom line: this review is pointless, and as always - biased.
xbitlabs always messing around with driver's settings favoring ATI. one more bad review for your reputation.
0 0 [Posted by: applejack  | Date: 03/26/10 06:46:39 AM]
- collapse thread

Maybe you need the read the review again, and especially the test setup before throwing nonsense here. And xbitlabs favoring ATI??? hahaha, I always thought is the other way around, specially with those AA quality settings.
0 0 [Posted by: TAViX  | Date: 03/27/10 07:32:05 PM]

I have played the game twice so far and love it.
My system:
-Core i7 960 3.2GHz.
-Radeon 5870 CrossFire (2 cards).
-12GB of RAM.
-Dell WFP 3008 2560x1600.
-Windows 7 Ultimiate 64-Bit.

In-game settings:
-Quality: Very High.
-Resolution: 2560x1600.
-Direct X: DX11.
-DX11 Options: Advanced DOF OFF, Tessellation ON.
-Anti-Aliasing: AAA.
-Texture Filtering: 4X.

Issues:
-Advanced DOF makes game unplayble.
-Rare crashes/lock ups.
-Frame rate drop when intense daylight/sunlight penetrates dark environment.
0 0 [Posted by: michael_d  | Date: 03/29/10 06:29:03 PM]

Good review, however I really dislike how the authours continue to insist on incredibly high and unrealistic graphics settings for cards that are simply not designed for. The game looks extremely well-made, especially with a high end graphics card, but I am sure budget gamers would not prefer such high AA/AF levels, where the difference on lower resolutions isn't terribly noticeable. There should be a separate graph representing for example, a scenario where settings are at High and perhaps only 4xAA or none at all. I am sure cards like the HD 5670 would be perfectly playable at these levels, as AA presents a significant performance hit. As I said, these cards are simply for the budget gamer, and have modest requirements in terms of graphical settings. That's about my only gripe, however, a rather big one.
0 0 [Posted by: BloodBlender  | Date: 04/05/10 06:01:41 AM]

well this suks wheres the nice graph showing card x res x fps meaningless drivel without it otherwise. You obviously took time to test the game so next time take the time to make a graph
0 0 [Posted by: Athlonite  | Date: 04/13/10 09:05:58 AM]

[1-10]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment