Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Three LGA1155 Mainboards from ASUSTeK on Intel Z68 Express

Started by: BernardP | Date 09/22/11 05:21:14 AM
Comments: 4 | Last Comment:  09/28/11 02:46:03 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-3]

I wish Asus would offer the superior Realtek ALC889 audio on all its boards, like Gigabyte does.

The mainstream ALC892 has lower specs, particularly as to the S/N ratio.

Asus only implements ALC889 on its top-of-the line products. I wonder how much they save on a lower-tange board by using the ALC892 instead.
0 0 [Posted by: BernardP  | Date: 09/22/11 05:21:14 AM]
- collapse thread

Audiophiles should be looking to:

1) Use HDMI-port to send audio to a receiver when gaming;

2) At the very least own a dedicated sound card such as X-Fi, Asus Xonar, HT-OMEGA, M-Audio, etc.

If you care about good audio quality (in terms of detail, clarity, surround capabilities), honestly, just invest into a $70-100 sound card. You can always carry it over into your next build. I have had my X-Fi for 4 years now and I don't intend to get rid of it any time soon (I always test it against every onboard sound every time I upgrade -- and so far on P965/P35/P55/P67 chipsets, the Realtek audio is a joke compared to the dedicated sound card).
0 0 [Posted by: BestJinjo  | Date: 09/23/11 07:53:30 PM]

Sounds like empty ASUS advertising. And I'll tell you why. BTW I am the happy owner of the deluxe version.

1. nice-looking boxes with good accessories? Come on! You should compare set of accessories to Maximus series of ASUS. Deluxe accessories are poor.

2. Installation of drivers is so buggy and really a lot of people struggling with that. Try search "cannot install AI Suite II".

3. You are measuring power consumption. It so much depends on how you have configured your system and that is the point, because strength of motherboard is the convenience and possibilities to adjust motherboard for your needs. And flexibility is what you should test, not the +-2 points in a game or synthetic benchmark. Motherboard generally defines power consumption of overall system and that depends on drivers, components, features and how motherboard can use or control them.

Suggestion: you should create 3 user profiles
a) audiophile, medium to large silent case, silent components, audio quality, minimum interference, medium power saving. workload - browser and music, seek silence, measure noise.
this depends on how you will be able to configure PWM/nonPWM fans, what noise is coming from integrated audio.
b) eco family, small to medium case, minimum cheaper components, maximum power saving, medium noise. workload - browser, media and medium quality graphics in games, seek min power, measure - power consumption.
And of course it depends how you manage to configure power consumption, what EPU provides etc.
c) gamer. medium to large case, good graphics, medium noise, overclocking. workload - gaming, seek max fps, measure gaming performance.
this of course depends on SLI/CrossFire options, so called overclock tuner, etc.

comparing idle power consumption of motherboards is like comparing door handles of autos.
1 0 [Posted by: dvdeo  | Date: 09/23/11 08:35:50 AM]

Thanks but could you tell me if P8Z68-V Pro is better on worst OVERCLOCKER than Asus p67 ?

Thanks !
0 0 [Posted by: Boot  | Date: 09/28/11 02:46:03 AM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment