Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Contemporary Graphics Cards in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Started by: NormanBates | Date 09/24/11 01:11:31 AM
Comments: 11 | Last Comment:  09/29/11 02:13:00 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-5]

your category groupings could be better: the price of a 6970 is much, much closer to that of a GTX570 than to a GTX580

one way to solve this issue would be to look, say, in newegg, for the cheapest model in stock of each card, and plot a price vs performance graph for each setting (9 graphs in total; it wouldn't take much more space than this but it would provide a lot of additional information, and a more interesting analysis)
3 0 [Posted by: NormanBates  | Date: 09/24/11 01:11:31 AM]
- collapse thread

Hello NormanBates

Thank you for your interest and for the tip.

In general you are right, but the main idea behind our segmentation is that we have two fastest (solo and dual GPU sporting) offerings from both companies in a single graph.

The other idea is that prices may change significantly even over a short period of time and as you well aware there are limited editions with say 30% discount for a week with only USA shipping.

In all honesty your idea is good and it has been brewing in our minds for some time, but we are nor sure how to implement it properly, all thing considered.
0 0 [Posted by: Yaroslav  | Date: 09/24/11 02:13:51 AM]

Although I agree prices change over time; Ultimately the person reading this article in general is trying to make a decision on which video card to purchase. Prices don't change that drastically unless there is a new product launch so it would stay relevant for a few months.

I too would like to see the 570 GTX as the decision I'm trying to make is between that and a 6970 since they have a similar price point. I like how you benchmarked Dues ex and I would love to see more modern games included: Witcher 2, Dead island, Starcraft2, and Stalker come to mind.
1 0 [Posted by: Mythoss  | Date: 09/24/11 11:21:57 AM]

thanks for you reply

I know it's not easy to get a price that doesn't get you in hot water with fanboys from both sides saying you're skewed, but many well defined objective ways to gather those prices would be fine with me (and, I suspect, lots of reasonable people)

I'm not expecting you to spell any kind of absolute truth, just some information -the best you can provide- and your opinions
1 0 [Posted by: NormanBates  | Date: 09/25/11 02:50:19 AM]

In your review of the Premium Category, you said "The Radeon HD 6990 overtakes the GeForce GTX 590". This is either a mistake or if its intentional, this entire site is so skewed towards AMD you actually report false information. In all of the graphs and numbers that you've posted at all resolutions, the GTX 590 is CLEARLY SUPERIOR to the Radeon 6990.

Unless I'm missing something I'd like to know why is this review so blatantly skewed and misrepresentative?
1 2 [Posted by: GTX1924  | Date: 09/24/11 09:19:37 PM]
- collapse thread

Hello GTX1924

Thanks to your eagle eye the linguistic typo has been fixed. Nothing more to it.

Thank you
0 0 [Posted by: Yaroslav  | Date: 09/26/11 10:55:12 AM]

So I can force FSAA from the GPU control panel without having to use MLAA/FXAA/Selective Edge AA if I wish to regular AA, right?

And what about the SSAA methods? SSAA still doesn't work on Radeon cards for DX10/11 modes, right? What's the performance impact with 2x, 4x, 8x SGSSAA for Geforce cards?
0 1 [Posted by: Bo_Fox  | Date: 09/27/11 12:31:45 PM]

Hey, you don't have to answer all of my questions.. I'm just hoping for some answers, at least. Thx..
0 1 [Posted by: Bo_Fox  | Date: 09/29/11 12:29:47 AM]

What are you talking about there?!? Except kindergarden kids, there is none in this world that didn't heard of first Deus Ex. I know it was so heavily promotd when I ws in highschool, all magazines were writing about it! Best game ever btw..
0 0 [Posted by: TAViX  | Date: 09/29/11 02:13:00 PM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment