Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Thermalright HR-02 Macho Super-Cooler Review

Started by: FLA | Date 10/05/11 09:15:39 PM
Comments: 14 | Last Comment:  02/29/12 03:45:27 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-8]

I would stick with Archon nonetheless.

Like one of my ex girlfriends once said: that thing is just too big.
0 0 [Posted by: FLA  | Date: 10/05/11 09:15:39 PM]
- collapse thread

The Archon, NH-D14, Silver Arrow, Megahalems and Phanteks are top-notch coolers. But, it's hard to argue with the value of an HR-02 (minus the nickel plating) being delivered to you for $39.99 with a TY-140 mm fan -- a performance combination that rivals the Corsair H80, with less noise!!
0 0 [Posted by: BestJinjo  | Date: 10/06/11 08:10:22 PM]

Finally the review. Really nice results for Macho and good review. I'll probably get one, it has awesome value. Waiting to see more cooling...
1 0 [Posted by: mascotzel  | Date: 10/06/11 01:10:26 AM]

how does the Macho compares to the Scythe Mugen 2?
0 0 [Posted by: speed  | Date: 10/06/11 04:06:06 AM]
- collapse thread

^Second on that! How about Mugen 3? These Scythe coolers are priced very similar.

Great review, nonetheless!
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 10/06/11 05:01:09 AM]

Mugen 3 review will be ready very soon.
2 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 10/06/11 05:57:11 AM]

I am with "speed" bellow. Please!
Compare it to Mugen2 and Macho. Whithout this two the review will be incomlete. I know I can trust you to put up a quality review; please don't disappoint.
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 10/06/11 04:01:26 PM]

I don't have Mugen 2.
0 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 10/06/11 08:31:56 PM]

I would like to see a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO review as well. It comes with the new "continous direct contact" technology which i think was inspired by Sergey. It could be reviewed possibly against the mugen 3 and hr02 macho as they are all in a similar price range.
0 0 [Posted by: cashkennedy  | Date: 10/11/11 01:40:13 AM]

i`ll like to see a comparation between mugen 3, mugen 2,macho and archon
1 1 [Posted by: speed  | Date: 10/06/11 11:45:55 AM]

I don't know where do they get these names from, but sometimes they're just plainly ludicrous.
0 0 [Posted by: Filiprino  | Date: 10/09/11 08:15:05 AM]

I value X-Bit reviews because they are consistently both thorough and technically knowledgeable. This is another one, and made even better by the fact that they've discovered a clearly superior product. This cooler will be on my short list for the next build.

Thanks!
0 0 [Posted by: Papoulka  | Date: 10/14/11 01:38:26 PM]

no socket support for 2011.thermalright traditionally charge for these new mounts unlike other well known cooler companies.frequently these extra mounts for Thermalright are difficult to source. They also do not always work with Thermalright's coolers despite what they say.oh and do not expect to always even find them listed on Thermalright's own site.

people would do well to note that Thermalright do not support any socket that is not specified on the cooler box.Thermalright will not support this cooler on 2011 or any other new socket.The new 2011 mount announced is the full extent of thermalright's support for their old coolers. their coolers are excluded - now some may think that's fair enough.

So why don't reviewers tell you the facts of life in regard to Thermlaright so you all can make fully informed decisions about buying something that is definitely outdated? Especially since the majority of cooler companies do routinely extend their support if they produce mounts for new sockets in the warranty period - unlike Thermalright. Yes this true - save your money move onto a proper company that will support its products and its customers.
0 0 [Posted by: pointoffact  | Date: 11/30/11 03:04:37 AM]

I would love to see are review of the other cooler from Thermalright that is positioned in exactly the same price range - TRUE Spirit 140 and I believe I'm not the only one. It's practically equipped the same as the Macho but relies on slightly different concept - same as Archon. On top of that it's even cheaper than the Macho and performs better as I've seen in reviews around the web. I have the cooler and it performs great on my rig. I would love to see exactly how great it is compared to the other supercoolers. Thanks in advance.
0 0 [Posted by: Stuen4y  | Date: 02/29/12 03:45:27 AM]

[1-8]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment