Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Flight Simulator Joystick: Everything You Wanted to Know

Started by: USAFANG67 | Date 10/17/11 11:37:42 AM
Comments: 6 | Last Comment:  07/19/14 01:32:36 PM

[1-6]

Why bother with this article? The gaming industry has all but abandoned the flight simulator crowd.
0 2 [Posted by: USAFANG67  | Date: 10/17/11 11:37:42 AM]

Great article! Wish there were more like this. Steering Wheels next?
2 0 [Posted by: Redsnake77  | Date: 10/17/11 04:45:50 PM]

> "The whole arrangement is going to break down sooner, especially if you use the force feedback effect to its full extent."

I'm so happy I bought the last really good FF Joystick... the Microsoft Sidewinder ForceFeedback 2!
I've been using this Joystick since 2002 to its fullest and it never stopped working.
I tried a view newer ones but they all sucked in comparison (be it driver, ForceFeedback, or Hardware related).
I can only hope, Microsoft will start producing Joysticks again :-)
0 0 [Posted by: Hotshot  | Date: 10/20/11 02:37:06 AM]

A unique and intelligent article. As you say, it's hard to find comprehensive joystick reviews that identify on the major issues and evaluate them consistently. This was a good choice. Thanks, X-Bit.
0 0 [Posted by: Papoulka  | Date: 10/25/11 07:25:48 AM]

Contrary to previous comments this is neither a great article, nor is it comprehensive. Even the cheap crap gets acknowledged whether good or bad in the Summary Recommendations, but the summary makes no mention of CH Products.

To other readers: Don't come back with some lame comment that there's no mention because CH makes junk, because you would only make yourself look like an idiot. CH makes a decent product, and I would like to see how it compares with the other recommendations.

So Dmitry, why no mention of CH in the summary?
0 0 [Posted by: PapaWhiskey  | Date: 11/13/11 09:51:48 PM]

This is a fantastic article and has helped me a lot. With several flight and space sims coming out this year and next I think a lot of people will stumble across this.

star citizen anyone? ...

Quick question: logitech extreme 3d pro or saitek cyborg v.1...
Is the only trade off buttons for longevity?

I want something that will last me a year.. I plan on getting a Hotas after I practice on one of these and move back to the USA.
0 0 [Posted by: feralshad0w  | Date: 07/19/14 01:32:36 PM]

[1-6]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment