Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) – One of the First Mainboards with PCI Express 3.0 Support

Started by: Papoulka | Date 10/18/11 03:19:08 PM
Comments: 2 | Last Comment:  10/21/11 10:25:01 PM

[1-2]

MSI = "Missing Something Important"
-
In the past few years I have spent much more time than I ever expected learning about case ventilation and fan controls. Overclocking on air pretty much demands this, unless you can tolerate a great deal of noise 24/7.
-
Fortunately, I have an Asus motherboard with a serious complement of headers, several of which can control off thermal probes, and almost all of which can at least be set within a range of speeds.
-
While I have found many shortcomings in the BIOS settings for these, at least they are present and functional. I can't imagine buying a mobo - especially a "flagship" model - without similar equipment.
-
Does MSI somehow think airflow doesn't matter? Or that noise doesn't matter? Or that size, convenience, predictability, and reliability of the air management all don't matter? How can they produce a board with nothing but a handful of brain-dead full-speed headers, functionally no different than a molex power extender?
-
==> I hadn't looked much at MSI, and won't the next time either.
-
Thanks for mentioning this point in your review. Too many mobo reviewers never get into fan control because they are testing on an open bench. Of course, 99.9% of their readers will be building in a case, where airflow matters a LOT.
-
1 0 [Posted by: Papoulka  | Date: 10/18/11 03:19:08 PM]

Another dud from MSI, I really dont know why they even bother anymore, crap bios releases that only ever partially work and usually near useless when overclocking
0 0 [Posted by: alpha0ne  | Date: 10/21/11 10:25:01 PM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment