Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
As Inexpensive as It Can Get - 2: CoolIT ECO A.L.C. Liquid Cooling System Review

Started by: 3Dkiller | Date 05/25/10 07:19:50 PM
Comments: 9 | Last Comment:  12/30/10 02:21:31 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-4]

the noctua rocks, i own a coolit domino alc and yes it really sucks even with 2 fans. I even had to mod my 25cm sidepanel fan to fit in the case again. I wonder how good the coolit vantage is gonna perform.
0 0 [Posted by: 3Dkiller  | Date: 05/25/10 07:19:50 PM]

Good Review although a bit short. Years ago, i had the "CoolRiver Deluxe Watercooling Kit" - it was fantastic for about 80 Bucks. Absolutely Silent (600 rpm Cooler, the aquapump wasn't hearable to me) and there were 3 heatsinks included: for the grafics card, northbridge (the good old, but hot Nforce 2 SLI on my A8N-SLI Deluxe which had an extremely loud fan) and of course the CPU. And all of it combined never heated up to more than 45 degrees. I was amazed.
Maybe next time you can include some other cheap Watercooling solutions, just 4 better comparison. I would send over my good old "CoolRiver Deluxe Watercooling Kit", if i didn't break it accidentially... (here is a review btw: http://www.octools.com/in...ver/deluxe/coolriver.html )
Nowadays I go with efficient aircooling again:
I recently bought the "Scythe Mugen Rev. B PCGH Edition" and want to know how it would behave against this solution, but of course you cannot take every cooling solution out there for comparison. So I ask the users if anyone has an Idea or experience in that point.
0 0 [Posted by: Rollora  | Date: 05/26/10 06:14:37 AM]
- collapse thread

I think your cooler is the same as Mugen 2 (safe for 1156 retention kit) that was tested on this site maybe a little over a year ago. You can check that review and compare the numbers. Also there was round up with several (a lot of) air cooler in which the Mugen 2 was tested again.
I have already asked the editors to include some sort of selectable way to compare coolers. xbitlabs does a lot and really good cooler reviews and it is a shame you can not compare any two (or even more) coolers at a glance. Please fellows!
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 05/26/10 10:41:48 AM]

We'll do it.
0 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 05/26/10 10:27:24 PM]

Thx man! You guys rock!
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 05/27/10 06:34:57 AM]

Thx, you're right.I found 2 reviews where the Mugen 2 was in it (http://www.xbitlabs.com/a...splay/scythe-mugen-2.html and http://www.xbitlabs.com/a...e-i7-coolers-roundup.html ) I was a bit stupid to buy the Mugen 2 PCGH instead of the Megahalem but now I cannot correct that anymore.
What did you mean with the retention kit?

Yeah I am also looking forward for the bigger table for comparison :-)
Keep up the good work!

As always: sorry for my bad English^^.

0 0 [Posted by: Rollora  | Date: 05/29/10 02:10:34 AM]

What did you mean with the retention kit?

Yours is compatible with socket 1156. I have the original Mugen 2 (the one that xbitlabs tested) that did not have retention mechanism for that socket. BTW the kit is available for sell for like 5 bucks.
I was a bit stupid to buy the Mugen 2 PCGH instead of the Megahalem but now I cannot correct that anymore.

I disagree. Megahalem is 50% more expensive and you get very little improvement - maybe couple degrees. However, due to the design of M2 u can get 99% of its potential with low airflow. You can get the most out of it with two fans @ 1000rpm, which would be near silent.
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 05/30/10 06:58:47 AM]

I would liked to have seen this compared against similar devices like the Corsair H50. Being a consumer who has never installed a water cooling solution before, the device appeals to me since it helps me to avoid the complicated process of installing a full blown water cooling system.
0 0 [Posted by: Nuckles  | Date: 05/27/10 06:46:02 AM]

After a (near) disastrous leak with CoolIt's Domino A.L.C. (the manufacturer cleaned both my motherboard and videocard to near new condition), I was offered the CoolIt ECO...let's just say; that an older Thermalright 120 keeps my PC cooler (33C vs. 39C @ idle) than the ECO ever could.

Sorry folk's; but if you want to get your feet wet (figuratively speaking), then you're better off with real water cooling. for example, the XSPC RASA 750-RS240
http://www.frozencpu.com/...t_Item.html?tl=g30c83s137
0 0 [Posted by: BMAN  | Date: 12/30/10 02:21:31 AM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment