Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Ten Solid State Drives from OCZ Technology

Started by: mike1101 | Date 07/02/10 04:33:00 AM
Comments: 3 | Last Comment:  07/07/10 08:17:07 PM

[1-3]

beautiful technology indeed, i think what should be done is to totally re-engineer the south bridge standards of today's contemporary motherboards and simply LINK these Solid State drivers directly with the North Bridge and CPU/MEMORY and perhaps synchronize it with RAM so it works at the speed of RAM, imagine how quickly you could load up an app or transfer 1GB, say 1GB in 1s.
0 0 [Posted by: mike1101  | Date: 07/02/10 04:33:00 AM]

Thanks for the review. It was good to see the OCZ lineup compared. It would be great if you could add an HDD or three for a baseline. A Raptor or WD Black for desktop users and maybe a 5400rpm drive for laptop users to compare against.

The 60GB drives are in the sweet spot for many that wish to replace their rotating HDD for the OS/Apps. It's good to see the tradeoff of price vs speed when you compare the 60GB to the 120GB versions-> where the added memory channels do/don't impact performance. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Flash moves to the next lithography node..will the increase in individual flash speed be overcome by having even less memory channels at 60GB?
0 0 [Posted by: ca_steve  | Date: 07/02/10 08:42:52 AM]

I have Microsoft BitLocker enabled on most of my office and home pc's. I think encrypted data that can't be compressed would slow down SandForce controllers more than the others. If Xbit would evaluate SSD performance on BitLocker it could guide my purchasing decisions. I have so far purchased only the Intel SSDs.
0 0 [Posted by: SpaceTime  | Date: 07/07/10 08:17:07 PM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment