Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
1 TB Hard Disk Drives Roundup

Started by: tricomp | Date 11/24/11 10:42:09 AM
Comments: 4 | Last Comment:  08/26/12 06:19:04 AM

[1-4]

Thank you for a thorough examination but still.. Not much on reliability, which in my opinion is first in line
Something about GREEN: The world is MUCH more polluted by the RMA transportation for the WD/ Seagate GREEN hdd shaped boxes.
And also by the extra electricity needed for rebuilding lost arrays / systems / playlists and so on. Oh and also by the anger of the people who believed they can make the world cleaner and calmer.
No more tryes, just GO BLACK
0 0 [Posted by: tricomp  | Date: 11/24/11 10:42:09 AM]

Why not sonority tests?
0 0 [Posted by: sanity  | Date: 11/26/11 06:13:33 PM]

My Passport storage Hard Disk lasted less than one year in a controlled no travel atmosphere. I lost 10,000 photos and when i contacted Western Digital they said they are not responsible for lost data and would not assist me in recovery. I was quoted that i would pay between 100euro - 1000 euro to recover my data. I am a photographer by trade and thought this response was absurd. You sell storage devices.. it breaks in less than a year and then you tell me your not responsible for the loss of stored data? Must be great to sell things that your not responsible for. DO NOT BUY WESTERN DIGITAL PRODUCTS.
1 0 [Posted by: TheRomanGuy  | Date: 12/16/11 04:59:54 AM]

Thanks for the review. The graphs are difficult to read, BTW. Not enough color contrast, and all markers are circles.
0 0 [Posted by: sanity  | Date: 08/26/12 06:19:04 AM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment