Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Six Coolers for Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Processor

Started by: mascotzel | Date 07/09/10 12:39:47 AM
Comments: 5 | Last Comment:  03/28/11 10:25:09 PM

[1-5]

Yasya sabotages itself by using the push-pins mounting.I'm quite sure that a better mounting would have shaved the few degrees that separate it from the rest. It can clearly be seen in the thermal paste imprints (compared with the imprints of Baram) that the mounting pressure is not good enough.
0 0 [Posted by: mascotzel  | Date: 07/09/10 12:39:47 AM]

true work of art, look at that material there, what a cool looking heat sink design!
0 0 [Posted by: mike1101  | Date: 07/09/10 04:20:58 AM]

I don't want to sound like a dick (though I know I do), but where is the cooler database/what is the status?
Please do not get me wrong, I am extremely happy that you guys posted two amazing reviews in the past 24 hours. I give you all the credit you deserve!
Also can we see some P2 numbers (6-core)? Seems like the Baram wont cover the entire surface of the AMD proc. I do not mean a detail review like this, just a simple OC the CPU to 4GHz and start testing with linx for an hour and post the highest temp. If a cooler can cope with it just say fail. You can lap too, I do!
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 07/09/10 04:48:03 AM]

I am looking forward for charts temp VS noise. This would give as a real clue with cooler is best optimized for noise.
0 0 [Posted by: triodak  | Date: 08/23/10 11:58:15 AM]

Just a word of warning about the Thermolab Baram make sure it's the one you ordered I just bought one thinking it's the Baram 2010 but instead ended up with an original Baram with an mix n match mounting kit mostly it's the 2010's kit but the screws are the ones from the original barams kit no thumb screws as in the 2010's kit I was MOST annoyed!!!!.... so just be careful it the box is the plain brown one you got what i did
0 0 [Posted by: Athlonite  | Date: 02/04/11 06:40:11 AM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment