Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD7: Mainboard for LGA 2011 CPUs Overclocking

Started by: amythompson172 | Date 01/21/12 05:56:52 PM
Comments: 6 | Last Comment:  02/07/12 10:07:52 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-5]

Booted first time. Good documentation. Loaded with i7-3930K cpu, 32GB DDR3-1600MHz, SSD, & 2TBx2 in RAID0. Nice to have 6 SATA3 ports, and front & back 1394 & USB3.0. Using all 4 fan headers too. Easy to use and upgrade BIOS. Just using $10 gfx until PCIe3.0 cards arrive. Easy to install & attach everything!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...p;creativeASIN=B0064Z6Y9G
0 0 [Posted by: amythompson172  | Date: 01/21/12 05:56:52 PM]

How can these mobo makers continue to ship half-baked products? Is this like an on-the-job training program for mobo engineers in China? I mean really... not a single Chinese mobo maker has released an AMD 990 FX or Intel X79 mobo where all of the BIOS adjustments functioned properly even after numerous BIOS updates. This is absurd IMO and shows either major technical incompetence or a complete disregard for consumers and a willingness to defraud consumers.

Sorry folks but this is simply unacceptable Biz practices by all of the Chinese mobo makes who do this. Since this ideology has worked well for Asus I guess the other mobo makers decided to follow. Ship it now and hope they can fix it later...
2 0 [Posted by: beenthere  | Date: 01/21/12 08:45:19 PM]

Do you know of any other boards with this color scheme?
0 0 [Posted by: bc2208  | Date: 01/23/12 01:12:03 PM]

I had three of these boards. The first board started smoking and caught fire immediately after I first applied power to it. I RMA'd it, and the second board was completely dead. The third board booted and restarted a number of times, but when I shut down the system it would not restart. I had to take out the coin battery overnight to clear the problem and boot up again. This problem repeated itself, and I finally gave up and RMA'd it for a refund. I understand Gigabyte is no longer shipping this board and is working on a Revision 2 to fix all the problems. For a motherboard in this price class this is inexcuseable. I would add that the EVGA X79 Classified is worse than the Gigabyte offering. I also went through three of those boards. Their BIOS is the most awful one I have ever dealt with. I am currently happy with the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme. Everything works as it should, and overclocks extremely well. The ASUS R4E is the Gold Standard of X79 motherboards. The fact that EVGA and Gigabyte would release these truly awful motherboards speaks volumes about their concerns about profits over quality.
1 0 [Posted by: johnnyC  | Date: 01/28/12 02:04:30 AM]

4400MHZ ? I would be returning that CPU for another that speed a would be to say the leesed disappointed.
0 0 [Posted by: LeadSled  | Date: 02/06/12 02:26:55 PM]
- collapse thread

We have changed our CPU already and all future reviews will contain more impressive 4.6 GHz overclocking.
0 0 [Posted by: Tester128  | Date: 02/07/12 10:07:52 AM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment