Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Scythe Ninja 3 CPU Cooler: The Legend Returns?

Started by: jonup | Date 08/26/10 08:21:36 AM
Comments: 6 | Last Comment:  02/03/14 06:18:05 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-4]

guys this review is like a wet dream. Job well done! But, how about some AMD comparisons?
Two more: If the Ninja benefits more from placing the second fan on the adjacent side (instead of the opposite) is it going to be the case with Mugen2? I know the design implies no, but since you were on the subject you could have tested it.
Second,why did you not compare version B to the original Mugen2? Scythe sells the retention mechanism for less then $8 in my area and the original Mugen2 retails for less then $40 so it might be beneficial to buy them separately intead of revision B for $50.
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 08/26/10 08:21:37 AM]
- collapse thread

how about some AMD comparisons?

We plan it later.
0 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 08/26/10 11:24:18 PM]

I still have my original Ninja on my HTPC running a e8500 nicely.
Still, it seems there is no cooler beating my nh-D14 (with 3 powerful fans) any time soon....
0 0 [Posted by: shaolin95  | Date: 08/26/10 10:50:07 AM]

Unimpressive, good looks doesn't make a cooler high end/performance. Copper heat pipes with aluminum fins isn't the best and it leaves much to be desired. Modern boards can handle up to 1kg of weight while many are simply to large and are feather weights. I rather have a very heavy cooler and have the room instead of a fancy eye candy cooler.

Industrial/game
0 0 [Posted by: nforce4max  | Date: 08/30/10 08:24:13 AM]
- collapse thread

Aluminum tends to dissipate heat better than copper. Copper is better at transferting heat. So the copper heatpipes with aluminum is the best of both worlds.
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 09/05/10 09:29:56 PM]

Looks great. Sadly my case is only 170mm Deep and it looks like this Cooler is 160mm High. Not much room for the Asus VI GENE Motherboard there.
Woul dhave to alter the side panel. Hmmm...
0 0 [Posted by: Roger Rogers  | Date: 02/03/14 06:18:05 PM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment