Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
"Super 5": Super-Coolers on LGA 2011 Platform

Started by: cashkennedy | Date 02/03/12 03:56:12 PM
Comments: 5 | Last Comment:  02/21/12 03:51:59 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-4]

There is still some Russian untranslated on page 6.

Great article! would be curious to see a short update after you have lapped the heatspreader on the intel cpu.
0 0 [Posted by: cashkennedy  | Date: 02/03/12 03:56:12 PM]
- collapse thread

Funny! I think it goes something in the line of "Almost unchanged is and..."
As for lapping, it's a must. Doing so will improve the performance more than switching from Macho to Archon.
Then again I never owned $1,000 CPU. I might think twice before voiding the warranty; just in case I need it.
0 0 [Posted by: jonup  | Date: 02/04/12 06:19:40 AM]

Intel WC did well, in line with AC and can fit in some cases where AC does not. I have mATX case in particular, where Ninja Mini just fits. Looks like I still can have decent performance upgrade with a CLC kit.
0 0 [Posted by: rrr  | Date: 02/04/12 07:45:07 AM]

Currently running the Phantek on the 3930K cpu and have nothing but good things to say about it. Keeps the cpu very cool and isn't to loud while doing it. The diamond powder based cpu coolant grease that the Phantek comes with is very interesting to and saves you 20 bucks instead needing to buy another tube of grease.

One caveat that damn thing is TALL......
0 0 [Posted by: DEADTIME  | Date: 02/18/12 05:10:58 AM]

After having had an unhappy experience a few years back with an Apple computer I vowed never to have a liquid cooler again. Air leaks don't cause funny smells and sizzling sounds which become very expensive.
1 0 [Posted by: tedstoy  | Date: 02/21/12 03:51:59 AM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment