Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Thermaltake Bigwater A80 Liquid-Cooling System Review

Started by: amythompson172 | Date 02/09/12 10:41:41 AM
Comments: 32 | Last Comment:  04/26/14 02:04:08 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-7]

Grab one of these bad boys off amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...p;creativeASIN=B005F76YEE
0 0 [Posted by: amythompson172  | Date: 02/09/12 10:41:41 AM]

This Thermaltake closed loop cooler along with Corsair and Antec models are embarrassingly poor coolers even when they aren't leaking. There are many quality HSFs that cost less and perform much better than these CLCs and never leak water that can damage your expensive PC hardware.
2 3 [Posted by: beenthere  | Date: 02/09/12 06:12:40 PM]
- collapse thread

True, But Atleast Liquid Cooling Dont have much problems in the Dimension specially if Casing is Smaller.
1 0 [Posted by: xentar  | Date: 02/10/12 03:39:33 AM]

show the post
0 3 [Posted by: beenthere  | Date: 02/10/12 05:54:05 AM]

And often maximum cooling efficiency in specific range of sizes is provided by those CLCs.
1 1 [Posted by: rrr  | Date: 02/10/12 06:15:23 AM]

show the post
0 3 [Posted by: beenthere  | Date: 02/10/12 10:26:51 AM]

If you make some up yourself, then probably not.
0 0 [Posted by: rrr  | Date: 02/10/12 11:44:58 AM]

show the post
0 3 [Posted by: beenthere  | Date: 02/10/12 02:22:57 PM]

"No one can honestly recommend CLCs unless it's impossible to fit a quality HSF. If that's the situation a new case may be money well spent instead of buying a CLC."

Negative.

Some people set goals as getting mATX or even mITX case. There is nothing wrong with that as long as you know what you're doing. It isn't automatically true that just because case is smaller, airflow must suffer. There are many well done mATX/mITX cases (eg. Silverstone ones), where airflow is no worse than in most standard cases and temps you get are no different. They usually do not accomodate huge heatsinks like TR Archon/Macho, Phanteks or NH-D14, so CLC is sensible option. If you want AC with solid performance AND able to meet those size constraints, currently NH-C14 is about the best you can get, with its 105 mm without top fan and 130 mm with one - but you sure can get some low profile fans to fit it in lower cases. And it is much cheaper than those pesky, leaking... oh wait, no. It costs about the same as eg. Corsair H70, providing similar performance.

And BTW, I am running AC (Ninja mini) in my mATX case, which currently provides sufficient performance for my needs, so probably not upgrading to CLC and definitely not defending my purchase in case your agenda missed this.
0 0 [Posted by: rrr  | Date: 02/11/12 01:24:38 AM]

show the post
0 3 [Posted by: beenthere  | Date: 02/11/12 09:54:01 AM]
- collapse thread

Hahaha, you're actually pretty amusing.

You think only uneducated person can have a mATX case? <chuckle> And you think you're some sort of oracle to decide what choices are poor and what are not for everyone else? <sorry_couldn't_hold_that_one>

Maybe it will be better for you if you don't answer, as I sure fail to take you seriously, and I'm afraid I'm not the only one that fails to do so.

Thanks for entertainment, man. You are making my day.
0 0 [Posted by: rrr  | Date: 02/12/12 02:58:00 AM]

Beenthere is stating the case very well. Liquid cooling today is either a last resort because of space problems, or an uneducated choice. X-Bit Labs and Frostytech are keeping their readers educated on how well things cool and how loud they are. I appreciate that and know pretty much what I'll be buying for my next build.
0 0 [Posted by: Papoulka  | Date: 02/15/12 11:07:08 AM]

Don't you think it would have been useful to compare this cooler to the offers from Corsair and Antec? You know, apples to apples...
0 0 [Posted by: Aleve Sicofante  | Date: 02/20/12 05:57:26 PM]

0 0 [Posted by: elabdhi  | Date: 04/26/14 02:04:08 AM]

[1-7]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment