Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Asus Rampage IV Formula – Best Mainboard for LGA 2011 CPU Overclocking

Started by: Papoulka | Date 02/29/12 06:10:08 AM
Comments: 6 | Last Comment:  01/10/14 07:15:52 AM

[1-5]

... it would still get our Editor’s Choice just for its overclocking potential alone. No other mainboard we tested so far can compete with Asus Rampage IV Formula in this aspect

A nit: it seems like the Intel board can do exactly that.

I would add that in my experience the Asus ROG boards are extremely well designed and built, and very good overall. But the Asus programmers always drop the ball somewhere, and those issues rarely get fixed. However, Asus mobos are still at the top of my list. Among the many reasons are their exemplary fan controls, which I am glad to see that you noted.

But I really signed in to say how much I appreciate all the hard work you guys do in these reviews. This is another good example. Thanks.
2 0 [Posted by: Papoulka  | Date: 02/29/12 06:10:08 AM]

"If you are reading this article, then you must be really interested in the new mainboards for LGA 2011 processors."

Sorry to disappoint you but window shopping(reading this article) is akin to want not a need. It's going to be quite some time before I dump my ASUS P5N-D with a 6850 Intel processor for a top of the line LGA 2011 processor and an Asus Rampage IV Formula.
For my needs and economic situation I'm stuck with what I have for at least 2-4 years.
0 1 [Posted by: USAFANG67  | Date: 03/02/12 03:16:19 PM]

The title of your article is very misleading. How do you call this the best 2011 board when the Asus Rampage Extreme IV is the best hands down? This board does not even have 8 ram slots. There are much better boards than this. The only real competitor to the RE4 is the MSI Big Bang 2, not the lower mainstream Formula model. Jeeeeeeeeeez!

0 1 [Posted by: spayez  | Date: 03/07/12 05:00:45 PM]

I have to agree with the comment above , the Rampage Extreme offers EVERYTHING this board does and MORE. You could say a better value or better for the price than the extreme (not that I am saying it is) and it would be acceptable. But to call something the best it HAS to be the best.

It would be nice for you to explain WHY and HOW you left out two BETTER boards theAMSI big bang 2 and the Rampage EXTREME?
0 1 [Posted by: supermi  | Date: 03/07/12 05:08:15 PM]

So this mainboard can only support, these three CPUs correct?

I am looking to rebuilding my machine. I have an old school gaming machine running p5q premium (enough said)

Core i7-3820
Core i7-3930K
Core i7-3960X

Correct?
1 0 [Posted by: vskylinespec  | Date: 08/31/12 10:54:55 AM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment