Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Mythic Worlds: Three Xigmatek System Cases Reviewed

Started by: londiste | Date 11/03/10 12:51:03 PM
Comments: 3 | Last Comment:  11/04/10 12:34:35 PM

[1-3]

note about asgard - screwless locks do come with the case.
0 0 [Posted by: londiste  | Date: 11/03/10 12:51:03 PM]

I got screwless locks with Asgard too, other thoughts; the included fan is too noisy for non-gaming use, I used a resistor to bring it down to 1000rpm - at which it gives acceptable noise.

And a rear fan, low rpm, should have been included. And a sideway-mounted harddisk-cage with rubber damping would have made the case an almost perfect budget-case.

I wouldn't use such a case for a high-end gaming rig anyway, I use it for my Linux-box and I have added some bitumen damping for extra quiet operation.

For gaming-rig usage I'm more than happy with the Fractal Design R3-case, which is booth silent and happily cools both an OC:ed Quad and a Fermi.

Asgard is a good budget, low performance, case. If one needs just that.
0 0 [Posted by: xeizo  | Date: 11/04/10 08:55:42 AM]

It is sad, that very few manufacturers of cases consider existence of eSATAp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESATA#eSATAp). It would be very easy (and virtually without additional costs) to implement this connector in place of typical eSATA.
0 0 [Posted by: KonradK  | Date: 11/04/10 12:34:35 PM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment