Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Gold for Everyone: Power Supply Unit Roundup

Started by: rpsgc | Date 03/19/12 07:59:00 AM
Comments: 3 | Last Comment:  04/08/12 03:07:54 PM

[1-3]

Although these downsides are not critical, you may want to think twice before paying extra for this PSU

Then don't. Buy a Corsair AX850 instead (same internals, lower price).
1 0 [Posted by: rpsgc  | Date: 03/19/12 07:59:00 AM]

I don't think loudness @high load is that important, there will be other, possibly louder fans, like those on video cards. IMO silence @low loads is much more relevant, and that includes factors like bearing noise, which can make even low RPM fans clearly audible.

And RPM graphs suggest that Seasonic is the only one inaudible up to, give or take, 450W (possible bearing noise aside, but San Ace are said to be excellent quality fans). Others can be heard, if you are a silence freak.
0 0 [Posted by: rrr  | Date: 03/19/12 03:01:16 PM]

I'm really surprised that the 12V voltage diffed as much as 4% in your tests of the Seasonic X-850. From other reviews I've read non of them have hit this high figure (ATX allowes for 5% on the 12V). It would be good if you could present your load parameters for your testing together with the results. Makes it easier to compare our testing with other reviews.
0 0 [Posted by: lacrits  | Date: 03/20/12 03:44:38 PM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment