Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Silent Power: Fanless PSU Roundup

Started by: amythompson172 | Date 04/08/12 11:50:44 AM
Comments: 8 | Last Comment:  11/25/13 03:00:11 AM

[1-5]

good review, thanks.

But, I was looking for a conclusion at the end and there is not one.

Seasonic is the winner here. But the Kingwin has some great advantages too.
0 0 [Posted by: kensiko  | Date: 04/08/12 01:14:36 PM]

Enhance and Silverstone have major disadvantages, when it comes to cabling. Not only are they not modular, but also sleeving doesn't go all the way to the case. That kind of sloppiness does not fit for expensive passive units. Even worse, on one of Silverstone's pics, insulation on one of +5V (red) wires seems to be worn off by rubbing onto casing.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/p...cases/fanless-psu/p25.jpg

If so, that is simply horrendous, as it can cause short circuits.
0 0 [Posted by: rrr  | Date: 04/08/12 01:47:04 PM]

Kingwin has fake CE sign. It has China Export instead Conformité Européenne.
2 0 [Posted by: sanity  | Date: 04/09/12 07:43:07 AM]

It would be nice if the review included heat measurements from the inside, or at least outside. How could one otherwise tell if the passive design works or not, or if it'll work well in higher room temperatures?

I also wonder how well these PSUs would work with a layer of dust on the internals.

And BTW, I don't understand why PSUs have lower max wattage when running through a UPS in bypass mode.
0 0 [Posted by: sanity  | Date: 04/13/12 08:16:45 AM]

After reading this information, I was sold on this product-problem is- I cannot find the ATX-04N anywhere! I even did a search on where to buy one and all that came up was Japanese language!
What's the point? There was not even any contact info provided. No point on reviewing a product that people cannot purchase!
0 0 [Posted by: vicsmusiccafe  | Date: 10/29/12 06:51:45 PM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment