Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Two LGA 1155 Mainboards from ASRock Reviewed: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and ASRock Z77 Extreme6

Started by: SiliconDoc | Date 06/08/12 05:08:10 PM
Comments: 2 | Last Comment:  11/26/12 06:18:09 AM

[1-2]

Asrock was my mainstay of purchase before they became so popular. Years ago I had the golden little freak boards when everyone else scowled and babbled stupidities in their ignorance.

I have to say what a team they have had for a very long time - extremely innovative and highly skilled for many years now in absolutely outlandish board cpu gpu ram agp pci pci-e chipset, etc, combinations that no one else has ever accomplished, anywhere, at any time - they have been CUTTING EDGE fantastic and fascinating forever.

I heartily applaud their increasingly successful movement into the high end, while I also continue to fully endorse their extensive selection of past motherboards.

Way to go, way to be better than all the rest, to be unique and so innovative, people who actually look at the older boards will exclaim aloud "I didn't know that was even possible !" many, many times.

0 0 [Posted by: SiliconDoc  | Date: 06/08/12 05:08:10 PM]

I saw a review by APCmag here is the link...
apcmag.com/raw-performance-asrock-z77-extreme4-review.htm
and they said this...

We should point out that ASRock incorrectly advertises the power regulation on this motherboard as being a digital 8 + 4 Phase power configuration, when in fact it’s an analogue 8 + 2 + 2, which is slightly inferior. This marketing mix-up appears to be shared by all of the ASRock 7 Series boards. However, it’s unlikely this will matter to all but the liquid nitrogen overclocking crowd. These guys will probably appreciate the gold-coated capacitors, which promise to deliver even longer life spans and the cleanest possible electrical supply.

Is this true?? as i just bought this MB for the digital 8+4 power as i want to majorly OC my CPU and this review says that AsRocks maketing had made a MISTAKE. Could you please look into this because if its true then i will be making a phone call to AsRock with some very stern words as this is FALSE advertising at its worst.
0 0 [Posted by: concerned  | Date: 11/26/12 06:18:09 AM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment