Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Intel HD Graphics 2500 Review

Started by: JanGozi | Date 06/26/12 10:09:24 AM
Comments: 14 | Last Comment:  11/09/14 10:03:07 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-9]

show the post
0 6 [Posted by: JanGozi  | Date: 06/26/12 10:09:24 AM]
- collapse thread

I just double-face-palmed myself.

there is a reason they tested only amd and Intel gpus, because these are the only makers that give the integrated gpu solution, plus they tested and the discrete ones that are similar with the integrated.
there are thousands of other reviews that you can see a more general view of those 3 makers.

this review is for the people who want to check the integrated gpus and the respective discrete ones.
3 1 [Posted by: Yorgos  | Date: 06/26/12 02:18:32 PM]

That feels like reviewing the latest and greatest version of Zaporozhets. Sorry but I would still prefer a German, Japanese or any other car over that.
Also you have written that Intel does not consider the GPU as a serious computing unit for general computation tasks which is a big fail.

Last but not least: how about driver support. I haven't noticed so far that Intel's support is that great. Until recently AMD and NVIDIA were competing how often they would release a new driver.
The state of modern 3D graphics requires frequent driver updates to fix incompatibilities and bugs.
0 2 [Posted by: Zingam  | Date: 06/26/12 10:49:44 PM]

Thanks for the review. I love reading reviews of integrated and low end solutions.

Looks to me like drivers could help, because performance varies quite a bit compared to AMD.
1 0 [Posted by: ET3D  | Date: 06/27/12 12:06:40 AM]

No point in upgrading to a deadend platform if you are running a first gen Core i series. Haswell will be out next year and from the looks of it it's going to bring a lot of changes for the cpu and gpu side of things. I'm really interested to find out how the fully intergrated gpu onto the core itself in haswell will perform over the exisiting on die gpu found in sandy bridge and ivy bridge. i'm also interested in how the L4 cache will increase performance on Haswell's gpu. Def going to wait until Haswell by then the 22nm die should be mature and not have the same issues like Ivy Bridge.
1 0 [Posted by: SteelCity1981  | Date: 06/27/12 02:53:22 PM]

Why didn't xbitlab compare the image quality ?

Ivy bridge GPU has significantly improved in IQ

Here image quality comparison between IV and SB

IV
http://techreport.com/r.x...bile/ivy-skyrim-aniso.jpg

SB
http://techreport.com/r.x...le/sandy-skyrim-aniso.jpg

Trinity
http://techreport.com/r.x.../trinity-skyrim-aniso.jpg

Notice that there is huge difference between IV and SB, but there is almost no difference between IV and Trinity image quality

Screenshot were taken from techreport from here
http://techreport.com/articles.x/22932/9

1 0 [Posted by: maroon1  | Date: 06/28/12 05:15:38 AM]

Amd started a race in another direction and now Intel have followed them. Is this good bye to stand alone graphic cards? from other manufactures other than the two cpu makers? Or is it just an admission that the cpu's at present can and do not use the available o/s's to there maxium and that the power in the cpu's is already so far ahead of any software that any farther advance in that direction is pointless until the O/S catch up and are capable of using the CPU's now available wheather it be AMD or Intel.
0 0 [Posted by: tedstoy  | Date: 06/28/12 05:20:01 PM]

Why there is no crossfire result? Since Liano is capable of this, why not including in tests with this aspect??
1 0 [Posted by: kukreknecmi  | Date: 07/01/12 09:30:23 AM]
- collapse thread

The Hybrid Crossfire tests you could find in other our review: http://www.xbitlabs.com/a...display/amd-a8-3870k.html
1 0 [Posted by: Gavric  | Date: 07/02/12 03:46:14 AM]

Nice review. Thanks for sharing. Intel HD Graphics are indeed a nice improvement over the previous generation of integrated graphics from Intel, but you can improve their performance even more. Here's how:

3 Ways to Improve Intel HD Graphics Performance

0 0 [Posted by: pvladov  | Date: 02/15/13 08:34:44 AM]

Hello, i saw your article and i declare that is very well explained and clear. One thing i don't understand: I have a Pentium Ivy Bridge G2020 processor with Intel HD Graphics 2500 and in GPU-Z while you have 128-bit bandwidth and 933 Mhz memory frequency i have 800 mhz memory frequency (because i have 1600Mhz RAM) but only 64-bit bandwidth. Do you happend to know why? Is it because i have 1 stick of 8gb ram? Thank you!
0 0 [Posted by: Constantin Savin  | Date: 05/05/13 02:15:22 PM]

[1-9]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment