Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
“Cool” and “Quiet” or Anti-Extreme Overclocking Experience

Started by: broadsword | Date 02/27/04 12:38:14 PM
Comments: 6 | Last Comment:  08/29/04 08:20:35 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-1]

If you really want to have an ‘ultimately quiet’ solution, then don’t have to worry about Korean Zalman and noise dampeners cause they simply don’t work. I have four disks (440GB) and a few vents (Zalman & Enermax) set at lowest setting, including with the one in the PSU, but it’s still like having a Hoover beside you. I just couldn’t work like that, so I had to buy myself a pile of earplugs.

I felt like a physical worker at a construction site!!!

Seriously, to make a really silent solution is so simple. I just can’t figure it out why people don’t “propagate” it more: you don’t have to have your Hoover next to you – it can be in another room, pantry, basement or heating room!!! Your new NVIDIA and 3+GHz monsters can scare lettuce in your pantry or intimidate firewood while letting your ears rest!!!

You just have to drill a hole in a wall (or if you have a chimney you don’t use it anymore -;>) and/or buy a few 10 meter cables: for VGA/DVI monitor, PS/2 and USB. You have to be careful when buying VGA cable, because are there lots of cables that really suck. The one I have runs seamlessly at 1280x1024 at 100Hz. You make 10m USB with 2 5m cables + 2USB hubs; and done!

The loudest ‘device’ currently residing in my working room is my radiator!!!

Lean onto Leanux – http://www.leanux.org
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 03/02/04 03:15:56 PM]
- collapse thread

Man crazy!!!

Get a nice aluminium case,with quiet low rpms fans, with shocks for hdds. Get zalman cooler for cpu, and a "silent" psu....

Mine is whisper quiet - and thats with 2ghz overclocked xp athlon, and 2x 120gb hdds etc - and a stock crucial radeon 9700 pro

Ok - i might have cheated a little - I spend a few bucks on acoustic silent pc kit (ie sticky foam) - but its not that expensive or hard to build a quiet pc in this way without having to put your pc up a chimney or go nuts reducing voltages !
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 03/04/04 07:29:03 PM]

[1-1]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment