Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
135-150mm Fan Roundup: Talking to the Wind

Started by: BestJinjo | Date 10/12/12 10:48:56 AM
Comments: 11 | Last Comment:  12/29/13 03:52:10 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-6]

show the post
1 6 [Posted by: BestJinjo  | Date: 10/12/12 10:48:56 AM]
- collapse thread

Unfortunately, I will not manage to include Noiseblocker Bionic-loop any more.
After all it should be asked for the vendor, to wait, carry out tests... on all this it is necessary about a month, and for new to article fans are already grouped.
0 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 10/12/12 11:28:05 AM]

show the post
0 5 [Posted by: BestJinjo  | Date: 10/13/12 11:44:03 AM]

I do not see sense. TY-140 is better.
1 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 10/13/12 12:27:29 PM]

show the post
0 6 [Posted by: beenthere  | Date: 10/12/12 03:39:06 PM]
- collapse thread

Water coolers these days are luxury items for CPU or APU. They do not cool better than today's air coolers. GPU may benefit to water cooling because high-end GPU takes up two PCI/PCIe slots and water cooling can slim it to one slot. The amount of room there is around the CPU is enough for tower based air coolers. Depending on the fan, air coolers can be noiseless. You may want to select fans with high static pressure instead of CFM. IMHO, CFM spec is good for exhaust and not a parameter to look for cooling off heat sinks or radiator.
0 1 [Posted by: tecknurd  | Date: 10/15/12 11:50:21 AM]

Zalman F3s were excellent budget 120mm fans and it looks like the F4 is another winner.
1 0 [Posted by: qiqi1021  | Date: 10/12/12 08:30:50 PM]

As usual, a great fan review. Xbit Labs fan reviews are the best on the Internet IMO.

The TY-140 was reviewed in 2010 by Xbit Labs, and if the tests now are comparable with those in the past, the TY-140 has a slightly higher CFM than the Corsair AF140 at 36 dBA.

The NZXT FN 140RB is a sleeper among other fans, performing very well but not well known or attention getting. As a case fan with a fan speed controller, they can be kept virtually silent and still move a decent amount of air.

I've been using the Corsair AF140 for a while now, and they are very nice.

IMO, the quietest 140mm fan with decent air flow is still the Thermalright X-Silent. Also reviewed by Xbit Labs.

If you want relative quiet, and big airflow, the Scythe Slip Stream 140 is one of the best. Again, reviewed by Xbit Labs.
3 0 [Posted by: parsec  | Date: 10/12/12 10:14:41 PM]
- collapse thread

Thank you!
0 0 [Posted by: Jordan  | Date: 10/12/12 10:50:31 PM]

hello, xbitlabs i like your reviews & find them in general very reliable.

2 years ago it was the TY-140 getting the Editors Choice, after buying it (at your recommendation) year & a half down the road the fan has became noisy.
i found out its warranty is only 1 year! and that the hinge cannot be serviced...

after reading this review im not sure i understand why you choose performance over everything else, as i find they do not tell the full story of the product and overlook the big picture.

in this case from your data it seamed you should have chosen the Nanoxia, with x5 times the warranty of corsair & the longest MTBF and detachable impeller for easy cleaning, and since it's performance came close to corsairs,
i think in the big scheme of things this fan should have bean elected the overall winner & should have got the editors choice award.

Performance is NOT everything..
and i feel this review should have taken this in account and reflected the big picture.

hope you take this in consideration when choosing winners, just help us see the big picture because us the readers do buy what you elect to editor choice.

Cheers Panta.

PS I enjoy your reviews
they have a lot of interesting data
and they produce interesting reading.
0 0 [Posted by: Panta  | Date: 01/24/13 03:38:55 AM]

i wonder how the corsair fan compares to the TY-140.
and i wished we war given a tool to set our own comfort level zone
and which fan gives max fcm/cost at that level, that would be bang on
what i needed.

for you 36db is your comfort zone edge.
for me its much lower, and it's different for everyone,
so maybe consider give option to set our own comfort levels.
cheers.
0 0 [Posted by: sanity  | Date: 12/29/13 03:52:10 PM]

[1-6]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment