Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Epiphan DVI2PCIe Frame Grabber Review

Started by: caiokk | Date 11/26/12 02:42:43 PM
Comments: 16 | Last Comment:  03/28/14 02:11:20 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-4]

I'm really interested in watching the benchmark/review process, but also other things such as Overclocking. Bringing true benchmarking demos (as more importantly, system comparison - like multitasking - to get a real feel of the system) is a new path in the reviewing community. True, there's the YouTube crowd but it's rarely a thourough review as you guys do.
1 0 [Posted by: caiokk  | Date: 11/26/12 02:42:43 PM]

I didn't understood from your review how to use the card to capture BIOS screenshots.
You said that the driver is needed for capturing but the BIOS happens well before loading drivers.
Can you please explain how it's possible?
0 1 [Posted by: Kakaru  | Date: 11/26/12 10:34:43 PM]
- collapse thread

One computer with the capture card, that reads the video output of the second rig.....
1 0 [Posted by: lgm123456  | Date: 11/26/12 10:51:25 PM]

I think he means plugging the capture card into another computer and recording there.

BTW Avermedia has two capture cards (the C127 and the C985) that are 1/6 to 1/4 the price, and can do the same thing. They capture HDMI instead of DVI though, so they can also record sound over HDMI.
1 0 [Posted by: sanity  | Date: 11/26/12 10:53:47 PM]

ever head of tightVNC or ultraVNC ???

0 0 [Posted by: medo  | Date: 11/27/12 01:03:35 AM]

There are still plenty of consumer-oriented digital capture devices, e.g. Hauppauge HD PVR, Elgato, Roxio GameCap HD Pro. The bundled software tends to be very poor though and Linux support is non-existant.

My main use for video capture is game consoles, especially classic consoles. There are very few devices capable of capturing 15KHz RGB video which is a shame since the hardware capable of it is already there (for YPbPr capture). Most of the devices that do support RGB don't handle 240p correctly (treating it as 480i). It's very frustrating how under-served this part of the market is. I currently resort to using a scaler that outputs HDMI + HDMI capture device.

Another one to try is StarTech's PEXHDCAP. This one in fact can capture RGB on the D-Sub port and will handle 240p if you use Micomsoft's software. I have sworn off PCI-E since I downsized to mini-ITX so I haven't got one myself.
0 0 [Posted by: shaurz  | Date: 11/28/12 09:06:47 AM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment