Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Valve Pre-Announces Its Own-Brand Game Console.

Started by: Filiprino | Date 12/09/12 03:27:12 PM
Comments: 6 | Last Comment:  12/12/12 04:02:09 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-5]

The fact is that Microsoft tried with a shitty product. Windows hasn't evolved much since the PC for home office era, all what has been released until now is patch on top of another patch.
Of course we know Microsoft could do a lot better, but they're tightly tied by their own huge user base so any critical change they do to their system also has big impact.

Microsoft is still dragging code from 20 years ago and way of doing things from that time too, with all the mistakes in their fundamental concepts included.
2 3 [Posted by: Filiprino  | Date: 12/09/12 03:27:12 PM]

when virtually all modern TVs feature cloud streaming of advanced video games

Someone seems to be rather confused here.
0 0 [Posted by: thevoiceofreason  | Date: 12/10/12 02:56:04 AM]

This is a big mouthful for any company, and Valve doesnt have the numerical weight behind it that their competitors have. However, with a good team and very dedicated community, this could become reality. I am certainly hoping for just that! :-)
0 0 [Posted by: crointel  | Date: 12/10/12 07:13:56 AM]

Valve already has a huge dedicated community built from the users of the Steam interface. In fact I would go as far as to state that Steam is what actually saved the PC gaming wolrd. It's all there; a huge directory offering most of the PC titles (over 2000)at insanely competitive prices. Once bought, their yours for life and enables you to install them on whatever PC you want, when you want. As I'm writing these lines, 5 232 968 gamers are online 853 685 being in games on steam. Making Steam available on a console right there in my living room would be one great evolution.
0 0 [Posted by: MHudon  | Date: 12/10/12 11:40:30 AM]
- collapse thread

Very good news indeed.. PC gaming is the king and consol will always be a second rate solution. The one thing i'm worried about is how quickly the Valve system becomes outdated and no longer able to run the NEW games correctly... it maybe a short lived console that requires replacing every 3-4 years or it may auto adjust graphics settings to keep up to date.
0 0 [Posted by: vid_ghost  | Date: 12/11/12 04:10:15 PM]

With their own Linux O/S this will really shake up the PC Gaming as now there will games available with an agnostic O/S so that there will now be a gaming PC without a M.S O/S Apple O/S Xbox O/S Ps3 O/S and Intendo O/S', and it will have a list of inexcess of 2,000 game titles. No more will your games be tied to a counsel or pc but all games will be playable on a single unit coupled to the TV or desktop. Agnostic controllers, This might just spark new life into the PC market which has been loosing market share hand over fist.
0 0 [Posted by: tedstoy  | Date: 12/12/12 04:02:09 AM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment