Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Compact Liquid Cooling Systems Roundup. Part I: Water on a Budget

Started by: beenthere | Date 03/06/13 06:45:37 AM
Comments: 6 | Last Comment:  08/19/13 11:33:28 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-4]

show the post
0 3 [Posted by: beenthere  | Date: 03/06/13 06:45:37 AM]
- collapse thread

Or perhaps it's people that simply can't be bothered setting up a proper pump system.

The fact is, these closed loop coolers are fine for anyone not wanting huge overclocks on their systems, and they are lot easier to install than a huge air cooler.

I've been building and overclocking systems for over 20 years now, and while I have assembled proper pump systems in the past, I find they are simply not necessary for the casual gamer. In fact, I'm sure a number of people install them just to show off, not because they actually require them...
0 0 [Posted by: Matthew Shine  | Date: 08/19/13 11:33:28 AM]

Have you thought of reworking your charts/graphs so that we can directly compare noise to temperature? At least in this review you didn't run the CPU at different frequencies with different coolers like you sometimes do, but still: why do I care about the noise vs rpm graph? I want to see noise vs temperature.
0 0 [Posted by: vith  | Date: 03/06/13 09:31:31 AM]

What about systems where you can't fit a tower cooler? It'd be great to compare these coolers with these compact water closed loop systems, given that mini-ITX cases have very stringent height restrictions, and some micro-ATX LanBoxes (mine included) just can't fit a tower cooler (Case in point, I barely could fit a GeminII in my case, a 95mm height restriction applies 'cause of the power supply)
1 0 [Posted by: lichocpu  | Date: 03/07/13 10:12:06 AM]
- collapse thread

Yes, this is where CLC systems shine compared to huge, high end AC. After all cooler has zero cooling performance if it can't be installed
2 0 [Posted by: rrr  | Date: 03/09/13 03:26:19 AM]

Cant wait for part II
0 0 [Posted by: mecow  | Date: 03/10/13 09:32:02 PM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment