Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
NZXT Kraken X40 Compact Liquid Cooling System Review: New Level of Cool?

Started by: beenthere | Date 05/05/13 08:27:10 PM
Comments: 4 | Last Comment:  10/01/14 07:52:36 AM

[1-2]

So once again with see a closed loop cooler that is not worth buying as a highend HSF is equal or better in cooling performance and a HSF does not have the very real water leak liability of a closed loop cooler.

It's amazing people would even consider these inferior closed loop cooling systems that cost more than a quality HSF and deliver less... It absolutely makes no sense at all, yet the technically challenged will buy into the "water cooled" foolishness without even knowing the consequences of their actions.
0 2 [Posted by: beenthere  | Date: 05/05/13 08:27:10 PM]

The compatibility guide is a complete and utter lie. They have not tested in any of the cases bar their own. This comes direct from an email by the Head of Tech Support (online name of xD3aDPooLx”).

I have a Corsair Carbide 500R and the guide states rear placement fully compatible. This is not the case. There is ZERO way of fitting it with any kind of rear placement.

Head of tech tried to say to me he had the case in front of him and had tested it himself with no issues, it took me sending a video and photos to prove he was lying. When I called him out on it, he said ‘I must have got it wrong’. How is that possible, he lied, its patently obvious.

I could never recommend a company who treats customers this way, nor could I recommend a company who lie about what cases you can use their products in. I based my case purchase on what their guide said, and now i’m out of pocket with a semi useless cooler in the process. I can place it at the top, yes, but cooling wise, this is not the ideal place for it.

TLDR – Don’t trust the compatibility list. They outright lie and haven’t tested a single case listed except their own.
0 0 [Posted by: Mike Morris  | Date: 10/01/14 07:52:36 AM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment