Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Intel to Introduce New Atom SoCs for Tablets in Late August – Early September Timeframe.

Started by: Tukee44 | Date 07/05/13 09:41:00 AM
Comments: 5 | Last Comment:  07/15/13 11:22:37 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-3]

I am using Nexus 7. There are plenty of great website that use flash that Chrome cannot open. For example hikearizona.com.

Just give me a tablet that I can dual boot Window and Android.
1 1 [Posted by: Tukee44  | Date: 07/05/13 09:41:00 AM]
- collapse thread

Yes, it looks very promising, for Intel. There's nothing preventing a dual boot tablet. It's just a matter of software, and licensing. And the Bay Trail SoC should have more than enough performance to actually run flash.
0 0 [Posted by: MJD  | Date: 07/15/13 11:22:37 AM]

Still chasing the tablet market which has and is shouting loud and clear that the x86 O/S with an inflated price tag for the O/S is not sale-able and is failing. Some 3rd party must be subsidizing this development as it hardly seems to make commercial sense otherwise. The market has spoken loud and clear it likes the ARM system not the x86 system O/S's.
0 0 [Posted by: tedstoy  | Date: 07/06/13 03:49:34 PM]
- collapse thread

The market does not really care which processor. They just want lowest price, higher feature set, and best user experience The consumer always demand something back for their money. People don't upgrade their device unless there is a compelling reason to do so.

Dual OS boot is the new added-value feature. People have ultimate freedom to use existing Window software/flash while taping into rich Android eco-system. I want one.
0 0 [Posted by: Tukee44  | Date: 07/07/13 09:40:03 PM]

Bay Trail-D will be the first intel chip that actually interests me since conroe was released, will it become the default low power platform for HTPC use ????, I am looking forward to comparing it against AMD A series, E series and intel i3
0 0 [Posted by: alpha0ne  | Date: 07/07/13 02:20:23 AM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment