Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Microsoft to Acquire Nokia’s Devices & Services Business.

Started by: mudi1 | Date 09/03/13 10:53:24 AM
Comments: 7 | Last Comment:  09/04/13 10:04:19 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-5]

whole nokia for just 7.2billion$.....
there is only person responsible to screw such a good company-Stephen Elop
and nokia shareholders are just bunch of idiots for not throwing Elop outside.

elop said nokia not used android coz of samsung,, just give me ans a simple question-if lumia 520 runs on android then who will buy similarly priced samsung one???????????????
nokia shareholders are ********
5 4 [Posted by: mudi1  | Date: 09/03/13 10:53:24 AM]

Microsoft's biggest mitake-
frnds u know why all oem's throwing off winRT out of their portfolio,,one of the major reason is microsoft is making hardware for their OS and competing against their partners. now their partners are their rivals.
on other side evry partner has a market like lenovo and huawei has china,asus and htc has taiwan etc. coz they know their country best .

now after nokia acquisition i am damn sure same story will be reepeated- all oem's like samsung,huawei,htc will flush windows phone from their portfolio....so MS will loose market penetration means lesser wp8 devices means less developer support means less regional apps(really matters) means less sell figures.. on other side their partners will become enemies and they will not allow to steal their market.

google nexus uses completely deferent approach which motivates their partners to push their limits while MS tries to steal partners profit.

so result is MICROSOFT WILL BECOME MICROSPOT.
3 4 [Posted by: mudi1  | Date: 09/03/13 11:04:33 AM]
- collapse thread

Windows phone market is substantially a Nokia one. The other players are insignificant.
1 0 [Posted by: eleman  | Date: 09/03/13 11:59:18 AM]

agreed buddy, but today they are wp8 partners. in future they will completely ditch windows phone os and will be android exclusive means rivals to MS.
do u know in china lenovo and huawei are the king and now they will do their best to throw MS out of china.
2 2 [Posted by: mudi1  | Date: 09/03/13 01:21:14 PM]

Partners dumped RT, because nobody wanted to buy it.
Partners may by angry for M$+Nokia, but will not go under only Google feets.
1 0 [Posted by: Tristan  | Date: 09/03/13 02:08:47 PM]

This is predictable after Ballmer started talking about needing to restructure the company to become a gadget maker to compete with Apple and Samsung. Microsoft would never adopt Google's approach of Open Sourcing its Windows 8 OS - it was always going to go the Apple route and do things in-house. MS doesn't have the expertise to make phones themselves, so a purchase of failing Nokia (ironically for them) at an all time low share price looked pretty obvious. I purchased Nokia shares back in early June @$3.50 for this sole reason. Good luck to Microsoft.... but I still won't be touching its products. I'm waiting for a good Firefox OS phone. Firefox = Freedom.
3 0 [Posted by: linuxlowdown  | Date: 09/03/13 03:06:47 PM]

Then there no longer is a phone company called Nokia in Finland. LMAO. Nokia is just a IT and networking company now.
0 0 [Posted by: Teemu Ruskeepää  | Date: 09/04/13 10:04:19 PM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment