Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Intel to Offer Unlocked Core i “Broadwell” Processors for Desktops in Late 2014 – Roadmap.

Started by: SteelCity1981 | Date 10/25/13 10:06:53 AM
Comments: 7 | Last Comment:  10/29/13 05:16:48 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-3]

ok it's bad enough that intel makes you buy a new socket platform every other year for the latest gen cpu's to run on and now you need a new motherboard to support broadwell cpus on the same socket platform that haswell uses not to mention haswell isn't even compatible with the 9 series chipset ontop of that? So intel is going to go through 3 incompatible socket changes in the 3 years time from ivy bridge/sandy bridge to haswell to now broadwell. This is just getting beyond ridiculous now.
4 3 [Posted by: SteelCity1981  | Date: 10/25/13 10:06:53 AM]
- collapse thread

Agreed. And only 5% increase in performance...
2 4 [Posted by: TAViX  | Date: 10/25/13 02:56:44 PM]

Well guys, at least Intel's CPU's represent the fastest CPUs ever made.
2 2 [Posted by: Teemu Ruskeepää  | Date: 10/25/13 06:04:19 PM]

Fastest CPUs at this point in time - ahead of the competition by 18 months. So what's your point? It's good to be in the Guinness Book of Records for 2013?
2 2 [Posted by: linuxlowdown  | Date: 10/25/13 06:19:12 PM]

This might be a dumb question, but the K series being unlocked, does that mean the on chip graphics is also?
Or will the graphics side of it be removed to enable unlocking?
0 0 [Posted by: caring1  | Date: 10/29/13 03:40:33 AM]

This is exactly the reason the PC market has slowed down so much.

Give the public something worth replacing their existing PCs with and give them a reason why they need to do it!

We have had quad core CPUs for 7 years now, the move to 22nm should have seen 8-core as standard or at least on the Z87 i7's and then 10/12/14 cores on the X79 boards.

Where has the innovation in the GPU arena gone? We have been stuck at 28nm forever and the last 3 generations from both camps have been re-brands or slight architecture tweaks. Hawaii is not much more than a slight increase in cores, ROPs plus a wider bus. Basically slapping a turbo on the side of old technology as no one is innovating something totally new and ground-breaking any more.

Where's a new system memory? And i am not talking about DDR4 which is a tiny tweak to to DDR3 so it runs a slightly higher clocks at lower volts, i am talk NEW, i'm talking properly, noticeably faster than what it replaces! Where's the GHz race gone? We have been in and around high 3GHz since Pentium 4!!

As for software, things move too slowly, where is a truly immersive, 3D, interactive OS environment? Where is the indistinguishable physics from real life? Where is a truly challenging AI system that adapts to different techniques and changes each time you play?...

Without a reason to spend their money why would the public both?
0 0 [Posted by: loadwick  | Date: 10/29/13 05:16:48 PM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment