Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
MSI Z87-G43 Review: Micro-Star’s motherboards were changed

Started by: caring1 | Date 10/28/13 01:23:38 AM
Comments: 6 | Last Comment:  02/09/14 12:21:28 PM

[1-3]

"Mainboards from all the major mainboard makers have black PCBs these days. As opposed to the downright gloomy models from ASRock and Gigabyte, the Z87-G43 has such embellishments as blue slots and decorative inserts on its heatsinks."

The first statement is a generalization, not all the major board manufacturers make them in black.
The follow up statement is of course the authors personal opinion and appearance and attractiveness are purely subjective, so I won't say he is wrong.
I have the Asrock Extreme4 and find the dark brown board with black Dimm slots is appealing to me, mainly due to the addition of fancy alloy heatsinks (in black) with gold lettering, which gives it a classy touch, not crass like different colors that are only there for visual effect.
In my opinion the Asrock board is better all round, and shouldn't be included with mainstream boards such as the MSI as used in this test due to its feature set.
0 0 [Posted by: caring1  | Date: 10/28/13 01:23:38 AM]

Gigabyte finally decided to change the VRM circuit on all of their AM3+ XFA UD model mobos to handle the FX processors without overheating. It seems that under engineered VRMs is a common problem when companies try to save a few pennies. It bit Gigabyte in the arse big time on the AM3+ mobos after they denied for two years that they had a problem.
1 0 [Posted by: beenthere  | Date: 10/30/13 09:42:11 PM]

This POS is new but doesn't recognize my DVD after installing Windows 7.
0 0 [Posted by: Bjoern Hehmann  | Date: 11/26/13 09:48:47 AM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment