Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Asus Gryphon Z87 LGA 1150 Mainboard Review: High Reliability in MicroATX

Started by: alpha0ne | Date 03/25/14 04:29:34 AM
Comments: 5 | Last Comment:  10/01/14 12:35:46 PM

[1-2]

Even if they came with a ten year warranty @ half the price would make no difference re asus warranty

Using the words 'asus' and 'warranty' in the same sentence is an oxymoron, if you require warranty on an asus product, be prepared for a long and hard battle, and in the end just throw the junk away and buy from a reputable manufacturer who will honour their warranty obligations
0 0 [Posted by: alpha0ne  | Date: 03/25/14 04:29:34 AM]

I have for about 9 months had this mobo with an i5-4670K cpu, 8GB RAM, and an SSD. As usual, Asus construction is top-notch, and I love the fan control features which are light-years ahead of the competition.

Even more impressive was the low idle power: 40W for the whole system including a GTX 650ti graphics card.

I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

The only negative I can report is that after each BIOS change a reboot will take MUCH longer than usual - as much as 1.5 to 2 min. After that, the system (Win 7) boots to the desktop in about 20 sec.

Those planning to use this mobo with Window 8.1 should check out reports of problems with USB ports (supposedly fixed with newer firmware).
0 0 [Posted by: Papoulka  | Date: 03/25/14 07:45:08 PM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment