Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Intel 730 Solid State Drive Review

Started by: Tester128 | Date 04/03/14 03:59:10 AM
Comments: 6 | Last Comment:  04/24/14 04:15:48 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-5]

Great review, guys. Will you review the Crucial M550?
0 0 [Posted by: Tester128  | Date: 04/03/14 03:59:10 AM]

I'm currently using 2 of the 480GB ones that replaced a 2 x 520 240GB setup. I benchmarked both setups, and the 730's are beasts when it comes to write speeds, small file handling, and ability to crunch through incompressible data. Plus they work better in raid 0 than the 840 Pro's do according to another site.

Yeah they're not cheap, but I also know they will last as long (and probably longer) than Intel says they will.
0 0 [Posted by: AnonymousGuy  | Date: 04/03/14 05:32:24 AM]

Good to see after a couple of years the Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb is still more or less the leader in most benchmarks but eventually that crown tarnishes.
0 0 [Posted by: thudo  | Date: 04/03/14 10:33:05 AM]

The Intel 320 was expensive as well but sold because it was an awesome SSD for its time. My 120GB is still crankin'.
0 0 [Posted by: hansmuff  | Date: 04/03/14 03:34:20 PM]

Infintisers like Intel are not about value, oka For All, but rather for the airy-fairy, posey, glitzy, entitled and privileged crowd whose fashion statement is their Easy-Come, Easy-Go behaviour. The, “Look at Me, I Too Am Eets”, Fame, Fortune & Immortality crowd. This is why Intel did not release this beast in 2012 other than dribbling its saliva for Da Commners in 2014 and all because its pheramonic snifflings are there to “support” their saviour – the saviour of their Deep Pocket statement, be the pocketing emotional, material or “mental”/intellectualised.

When empowerment is via Division, you have to divide in order express your empowerment. In “westernised economies”, that empowerment is via the mechanism of Taxation & Credit, its penultimate expression being exemplified in the current US/Yankee Do-Da enlargement of its “Public Sector” for countering its “Private Sector” via paying its Public Sector waay beyond their nett worth. Especially when part of said “Public Sector” is a militarised, Cruel & Cunning, “Law Enforcement”.

When Benevolence is not trying your very best but trying to be as creatively parasitical as possible like “Parts Binning”, oka Lobotomising, Malevolence is then the reality, Malevolence being merely the word for, “When Benevolence is Absent much like Darkness is when Light is absent.
0 2 [Posted by: cummulus  | Date: 04/04/14 05:34:25 AM]
- collapse thread

popcorn obviously
0 0 [Posted by: amdzorz  | Date: 04/24/14 04:15:48 PM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment