Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT (SE/LE) Modding Experience

Started by: KJ | Date 06/15/04 10:07:47 PM
Comments: 32 | Last Comment:  06/16/08 02:57:33 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-2]

This was a decent article, which could have been great if it weren't for all the grammatical errors. I thought article's were proof read before they were posted online for the public to view. It isn't a huge deal, except some sentences are confusing because of a typo here or there, it is hard to determine the true meaning the writer intended.

Example, "Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive is so strong that it’s real hard to tear a heatsink off the chip if you should have a mind to do that." I am assuming it meant to read that it is easy to tear off a memory chip because the adhesive is so strong, but i can't be certain based on the wording.

Please don't take this as over critical, I just hate to see good articles and hard work brought down by simple grammatical mistakes which can change the meaning a sentence conveys to the reader, or worse, makes them stop reading the article to begin with.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 06/17/04 08:51:42 AM]
- collapse thread

decent article?, it is a excellent article!!!.

your comment #5 is a fine example of IRONY!.

and you are an IDIOT because your text:

" I am assuming it meant to read that it is easy to tear off a memory chip because the adhesive is so strong, but i can't be certain based on the wording."

completely misses the meaning. therefore, mr. idiot the text:

"Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive is so strong that it’s real hard to tear a heatsink off the chip if you should have a mind to do that"

MEANS:

It is hard to remove the heatsinks when Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive is applied.

If you have not realized (from the way the english is phrased), the author's first language is probably russian and is doing a fantastic job of writing in english....

P.S.

the only comfusing thing is the fact your mind has become blissfully numb due to 'BUSH' laziness... you need PERRY to have a chance....

0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 06/17/04 07:17:41 PM]

Dear Queuetrip,

Actually what I wrote and my assumption were what you confirmed for me. It is so strong, it is easy to pull of the memory chips. That is what I said, what I assumed, and what you called me an idiot for not knowing. Which makes it even funnier since obviously you are young, since you immediately resort to name calling, as well as obviously missed the meaning of what I said, since it was the same thing the author of the article wrote and what you told me the author meant. I have no problem conversing on a topic, but would much rather it be with someone who can take the time to give a proper response instead of child like name calling and then saying the same thing as the person you are calling names.

Yes, I know the author doesn't speak english as a first language...which is why i simply asked the question of whether or not these are proof read. Maybe I should have added an extra part so that my meaning wouldn't be missed, proof read for the languages they are being translated into. It was a simple question, I am sorry Queuetrip that the question hit you so personally. If you can muster the maturity to hold an adult conversation, I gladly look forward too it. Otherwise, your original response did make me chuckle, so I thank you for that.

P.S. I think you mean KERRY and not PERRY, thanks again for the laugh.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 06/21/04 12:00:48 PM]

Oh look! his name is mr facts, no wonder he sounds so irritating!
he must be one of those people who has to be 100% correct 100% of the time, in order to degrade others and feel better about himself. The site is perfect, you are not!
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 09/09/04 07:04:14 PM]

You have a great site!!! it helped me alot. thnx & keep up the good work
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 09/09/04 06:48:11 PM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment