Articles & Reviews
This model uses a full set of Intel Z87 features. Besides, it provides additional set of MSI brand technologies. Theoretically it looks good, but lets take a look on practical work. How will it operate during nominal mode and overclocking?
The development of the new processor microarchitectures goes on and frequencies of contemporary types of DDR3 SDRAM grow as well. Is there any sense in using high-speed memory with modern Haswell processors? To answer this question, we have analyzed DDR3 frequency and timings influence on LGA 1150 platform performance.
This guide is targeted to clear and simplify optimal settings searching when you to be faced with Haswell processors and LGA 1150 mainboards from different manufacturers. We will tell about optimal BIOS configuration for CPU nominal and overclocked modes.
Let’s meet the entire lineup of fourth generation desktop Core i5 processors based on the new Intel Haswell microarchitecture in our new extensive performance review.
After a very long and anxious wait we can finally take a close look at one of the fourth generation Core processors for desktops, which is based on the new Haswell microarchitecture. Significantly higher performance, better energy-efficiency, excellent overclocking – all this isn’t the case. What happened?
Other hot topics
Haswell is the codename for a processor microarchitecture developed by Intel as the successor to the Ivy Bridge architecture. Using the 22 nm process, Intel officially announced CPUs with this microarchitecture on June 4, 2013. With Haswell, Intel introduced a low-power processor designed for convertible or 'hybrid' Ultrabooks, having the Y suffix. Haswell CPUs are used in conjunction with the Intel Series 8 chipset.
Monday, January 20, 2014
- Intel on Track with “Broadwell” Production in Q1 – Company. Chipmaker to Initiate 14nm Manufacturing This Quarter
Monday, January 13, 2014
- Intel May Introduce First “Broadwell” Chips in Q3 – Report. Intel’s Next “Broadwell” Processors May Emerge Earlier Than Expected
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
- Panasonic Debuts 7” Tablet with 4.5W Intel Core i5 “Haswell” Processor. Panasonic Introduces World’s Smallest Tablet with Intel Core i5, Windows 8.1 Pro Inside
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Thursday, December 19, 2013
- Intel Readies 18-Core Xeon “Broadwell-EP” Microprocessors for Launch in 2015 – Report. Intel Speeds Up Xeon Roadmap to Bring In More Speed and Features
Friday, December 13, 2013
- Engineering Sample of Intel’s Next-Generation Core i7 “Haswell-E” Pictured. First Image of Next-Gen Intel Extreme “Haswell-E” Chip Hits the Web
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Intel Core “Haswell Refresh” Chips Not Expected to Bring Significant Performance Improvements - Specs. First Specifications of Core i-Series “Haswell Refresh” Processors Get Published
Thursday, December 5, 2013
- MSI Unleashes Industry’s First Gaming Laptop with 3K Display Resolution. MSI’s GT60 Notebook Packs High-End Gaming Hardware, Features 2880*1620 Display Resolution
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
- First Details Regarding Intel “Broadwell-K” Microprocessors Emerge. Intel Core i7-5770K to Receive High-Performance Integrated Graphics with 128MB eDRAM
Sunday, November 17, 2013
- Acer Goes Back and Into the Future with Intel Celeron “Haswell” Processor-Based PC for $199. Acer Introduces All-New Google Chome-Based PC with Haswell Processor and $199 Price Tag
- Asrock Unleashes Mainboards for Bitcoin Mining. Asrock Means Business: Reveals H81 Pro BTC & H61 Pro BTC “Mining Machines”
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
- Intel Removes SATA Express Support from 9-Series Core-Logic. Next-Gen Intel Desktop Platform Will Not Get Support for High-End Storage
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
- Intel to Offer Unlocked Core i “Broadwell” Processors for Desktops in Late 2014 – Roadmap. Intel to Release “Broadwell-K” Chips Late Next Year
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
- Apple Refreshes MacBook Pro Laptops with Retina Displays, Lowers Entry Price. Apple Installs Latest Intel Haswell Microprocessors, Improved Graphics into Professional Notebooks
Friday, October 18, 2013
- AMD Excavator Core May Bring Dramatic Performance Increases. AMD Excavator’s AVX2 Support Hints at New FPU
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- Intel Delays Mass Production of Next-Generation Microprocessor by One Quarter [UPDATED]. Intel to Postpone Production of 14nm Core “Broadwell” Processors to Q1 2014
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
- Gigabyte Weds NUC and Projector: Introduces Brix Projector. Gigabyte Launches Compact PC with Embedded Projector
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
- Microsoft Unveils New Media and Business Tablets. Microsoft Introduces Second-Generation Surface Slates
- Apple Installs Core i-Series “Haswell” Microprocessors into iMac Desktops. Apple Upgrades iMac All-In-One Desktops with Core i-Series “Haswell” Processors
Friday, September 20, 2013
- Asrock Initiates Termination Protocol: Launches Fatal1ty Killer Family of Mainboards. Asrock Announces Fatal1ty Killer Series Motherboards