Other hot topics
Windows 8 is an upcoming version of Microsoft Windows operating system, which is expected to be launched in 2012. The distinguishing feature of Windows 8 is going to be its focus not only on traditional desktops and notebooks, but also on wide range of other mobile devices, including tablets. This new OS will work on CPUs with x86 microarchitecture as well as on those supporting ARM.
Other key features of Windows 8 will be improved power management, support of USB 3.0 interface, Bluetooth 3.0, and support for wireless and stereoscopic displays. Moreover, it will also support accelerometers, hard drive encryption, GPS in netbooks and notebooks and 3G and 4G modules.
Windows 8 will have a number of new security tools, which will make failure diagnostics and correction much easier.
Ribbon Interface concept will also become very popular. This concept will bring modular ribbon interface not only to individual system programs (like WordPad, Paint, etc.), but also to Windows Explorer. Also Microsoft is planning on launching Windows Store service, which will offer very similar functions like the ones App Store offers for iPhone. This service will be integrated into the OS.
The first beta-version of the new Windows 8 is expected to be available in the end of 2011.
Monday, July 21, 2014
- Microsoft to Unify All Windows Operating Systems for Client PCs. One Windows OS will Power PCs, Tablets and Smartphones
- Microsoft to Fire 18,000 Employees to Boost Efficiency. Microsoft to Perform Massive Job Cut Ever Following Acquisition of Nokia
Monday, July 7, 2014
- Microsoft to Cease Mainstream Support of Windows 7 in Early 2015. Microsoft Halts Mainstream Windows 7 Support in January
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Microsoft Reveals Kinect for Windows v2 Hardware. Launch of New Kinect for Windows Approaches
Monday, March 24, 2014
- Microsoft Unleashes DirectX 12: One API for PCs, Mobile Gadgets and Xbox One. Microsoft Promises Increased Performance, New Features with DirectX 12
Monday, March 3, 2014
- Google Android Now Commands 62% of Tablet Maket. Worldwide Tablet Sales Grew 68% in 2013
Friday, February 21, 2014
- Analysts: with New CEO Microsoft Will Change, But Not Overnight. Microsoft's New CEO - What's Next for Microsoft?
Monday, February 17, 2014
- Over Half of Game Developers Working on New Titles for PCs, Mobile Devices. Only 4% of Game Developers Plan to Make Titles for Nintendo Wii U
- Microsoft Ponders Windows for Ultra-Small Devices. Windows for Wearables? “Possible,” Says Microsoft
- Microsoft: Over 200 Million Windows 8 Licenses Sold. Adoption Rate of Windows 8 Trails That of Windows 7
Monday, February 10, 2014
- Sony Is Interested in Windows Phone, Windows RT Operating Systems. Sony May Use Microsoft’s Mobile Operating Systems for Smartphones, Tablets
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
- Satya Nadella to Employees: I Am Just Like You Are. Satya Nadella Email to Employees on First Day as CEO
- Bill Gates to Help Satya Nadella to Define the Future of Microsoft. Bill Gates Resigns as Chairman, to Return to Microsoft for a While
- Microsoft Names Satya Nadella Its New Chief Executive Officer. Microsoft Appoints Server, Cloud Specialist to CEO Position
Thursday, January 30, 2014
- Leading Notebook Makers Reduce 2014 Shipment Targets. Top 9 Notebook Vendors Cut Their Shipments Goals
Friday, January 24, 2014
- Sales of Microsoft Surface Double Quarter-over-Quarter. Microsoft Increases Shipments of Surface Tablets
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
- AMD: Mullins and Beema Will Beat Intel Atom “Bay Trail”. AMD Describes Competitive Advantages of Next-Gen Ultra-Low-Power APUs
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
- Microsoft Might Launch Windows 9 “Threshold” This November – Rumour. Microsoft Rumoured to RTM Windows 9 in Late October
Monday, January 13, 2014
- Microsoft’s Next-Gen Windows 9 “Threshold” May Be Released in April, 2015. First Details About Next-Generation Windows Unveiled
- Intel Completes Development of 64-Bit Google Android Kernel. Forthcoming Intel-Based Android Devices to Feature 64-Bit Capability