We also received an example of how the Opteron processors will be marked, take a look:
Logo 1: AMD Trademark Logo
Logo 2: AMD Logo
Text 1: OPN
Text 2: Internal only info & Date code
Text 3: Serial #
Text 4: Copyright Information
Text 5: Country Of Origin
As you see, AMD will implement a kind of Serial Number on its high-end processors, just like Intel marks its Itanium and Itanium2 CPUs.
- - AMD: Change the Roadmap Every Day. Opteron to Come in April and Athlon ”The Longest Journey” 64 to Appear in September
- AMD Responds to the Athlon 64 Delay
- CPU Battles 2003: AMD’s Opteron Processors Versus Intel’s Xeon CPUs
- AMD: Low Yields to Stop x86-64 Processors from Becoming Popular This Year
- AMD Will Not Use Performance Ratings for Opteron Processors
- AMD Offers to Evaluate Opteron Based Servers. With “Limited Warranties”?