Why Itanium is Itanic.
Sun Explains This to You
by Anton Shilov
03/17/2003 | 07:57 AM
A server company Sun Microsystems definitely does not like the Itanium processors from Intel and now explains its current and potential customers why they should choose anything else but not the Itanium processor from Intel.
Find out why:
- Itanium is a big risk, not reward;
- The market is not going to accept Itanium warmly;
- AMD Opteron is better than Itanium (even though AMD does not compare its Opteron to the Itanium, Editor);
- Intel could end up dropping Itanium and leaving customers hanging;
- A successful Itanium is still bad for customers;
- There is a limited choice of software for Itanium;
- Hardware system vendors hesitate to support Itanium and limit customer choices;
- What to do?
Over here, everything according to Sun Microsystems.