Nvidia Corp. on Thursday formally introduced its GeForce GTX 780 graphics card for performance enthusiasts. Previously known under “Titan LE” moniker, the new graphics board is based on the GK110 GPU, the most powerful graphics processor on the planet. Nvidia promises that the GTX 780 will provide high performance and high-quality visuals for the incoming PC gaming titles, such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 is based on GK110 graphics processor with 2304 stream processors, 192 texture units and 32 raster operating units clocked at 863MHz. The graphics cards will be equipped with 3GB of GDDR5 memory (connected to chip using 320-bit memory bus) clocked at 6.0GHz. The GeForce GTX 780 solution features latest-generation cooling system from Nvidia, which is powerful enough to cool down one of the world’s hottest graphics processing unit, yet whisper quiet.

"The GeForce GTX 780 thermal solution is the most sophisticated we've ever created. The human ear detects not just sound intensity, but also sudden variations in noise levels. For this reason, we created brand new adaptive temperature controllers to reduce unnecessary fan speed variations and deliver beautifully silent operation. This makes the GeForce GTX 780 an awesome choice for powering enthusiast-class PCs including desktop gaming towers as well as the new breed of sexy, small form-factor PCs," said Andrew Bell, vice president of engineering at Nvidia.

The novelty fully supports modern high-end features like DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.2, OpenCL 1.2, stereoscopic-3D, 4 multi-monitor capability, PhysX, 4-way multi-GPU SLI, PCI Express 3.0 and so on.

The GeForce GTX 780 is a cut-down version of the GeForce GTX Titan that utilizes GK110 chip that contains 7.1 billion of transistors and is 561mm2 large. The chip is pretty expensive to make, which is why the new graphics board carries massive $649 price-tag.

"The GeForce GTX 780 delivers the fastest frame-rate and smoothest animation at a value never before seen in PC gaming. This level of performance allows gamers to become fully immersed into a game the way the developers originally intended," said Scott Herkelman, general manager of the GeForce business unit at Nvidia.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 graphics cards are available now from the world's leading add-in card suppliers, including Asustek Computer, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac.

The GeForce GTX 780 will also be sold in fully configured systems from leading U.S.-based system builders, including AVADirect, Cyberpower, Digital Storm, Falcon Northwest, Geekbox, IBuyPower, Maingear, Origin PC, Puget Systems, V3 Gaming and Velocity Micro, as well as other system integrators outside North America.

Tags: Nvidia, Geforce, GK110, 28nm, Kepler

Discussion started: 05/23/13 08:12:44 PM
Latest comment: 05/28/13 01:20:24 PM

650 Euros?? Hehe, Thanks, but no thanks. For a 20% max increase over previews gen, is not even worth consider this.
4 2 [Posted by: TAViX  | Date: 05/23/13 08:12:44 PM]

Awesome card and great overclocker. Hardocp got 20 to 30% more out of it easily. http://www.hardocp.com/ar...ard_review/7#.UZ8gWkQk-ik

With OC faster than stock Titan for 35% less.
1 3 [Posted by: beck2448  | Date: 05/24/13 01:12:10 AM]

Any of nvidia gpu including nvidia’s most powerful gtx 690,titan can’t support TressFX, TressFX is supported only on AMD GCN based gpu.
TressFX- a technology which gives u realistic hair in modern games
So if u still like cartoonish hair than go with nvidia and forget AMD NEVER SETTLE bundle of upcoming games like Battlefield 4, watch dogs etc.
Just go and buy a AMD HD 7970Ghz edition at 450$
5 2 [Posted by: mudi1  | Date: 05/24/13 03:17:08 AM]

show the post
0 3 [Posted by: Vampire36  | Date: 05/24/13 03:27:10 AM]

Were you high will posting this ? Cause even my dog didn't laugh.
1 0 [Posted by: Atlastiamhere  | Date: 05/24/13 04:16:26 AM]

Sorry body, but TressFX, PhysiX, whatever "Xs", in the end, they're just eye candies bringing a little wow effect here and there.

I don't care about AMD's or Nvidia's magic candies and pin-up bras, I want high frame rates, smooth gaming and maximum drivers compatibility.

TressFX... really, you'd buy a card just to look at Lara's hair and feel aawwwww?

Physics... really, you'd buy a card just to see a flag move or more objects blown away by RPG? (I admit I do like nice explosions tough...)
0 0 [Posted by: MHudon  | Date: 05/24/13 09:51:06 AM]

There is no other company more in the poo than Nvidia. After 2016 they will have no more graphics market as their settlement contract with Intel for PCIe bus expires. Mr Huang is already practicing to sweep streets. If he is lucky he might become a C grade motivational speaker for all the former depressed Nvidia fanboys.
1 3 [Posted by: linuxlowdown  | Date: 05/24/13 07:39:35 AM]

Linux, your hate for Nvidia is way too serious. You're comments are also getting less and less constructive... and boring. It feels like listening to Hotel California 5 times a day, 5 days a week on the radio broadcast station imposed by a tyrannical employer.

You used to bring color in my days, now it's all dark and grey. Feel the passion man, bring back the flame!

Now I'll be constructive for both of us:
I weally weally like the 780 cooler, it's efficient, it's silent, it's shiny and no one can really anything against this, BAM! It looks made out of stainless steel and therefore will perfectly match those news appliances your wife's just bought. It's sad that the cooler actually cost as much as a fridge. It also comes with a graphic card showing great performance.

But buyers beware, I think that Nvidia will disappear, sometime in 2016, since they will kept trying to sell Ice to Eskimos. Wait… with global warming Eskimos might actually need that ice… Ill have to think about something else…
0 0 [Posted by: MHudon  | Date: 05/24/13 10:12:03 AM]

Fair enough MHudon. My apologies for the broken record. I'm trying to elicit another sensible opinion to counter mine and I have not got one yet, other than people accusing me of being a Nvidia hater (well, sometimes I go over the top for my own entertainment and those who appreciate my sense of humor. I do happen to have all Nvidia cards with my AMD CPUs because of VDPAU support on Linux - that is video hardware acceleration. I am disappointed that Nvidia didn't merge with AMD thanks to a short sighted Mr. Huang. Nvidia will suffer the same fate as OCZ is about to, under very similar circumstances). No matter, I like your Eagles analogy - its always on high rotation along with Don Mclean's American Pie on boring classic rock stations. As far as not colouring your days, I really regret this but I've been seriously busy with not so much time to do wide reading, thinking and analysis as I am accustomed to. In the last 12 months, I have had to relocated 900km away and now last month 1800km just for work - like going from LA to San Fransisco and now to a small town in Louisiana (well, the Australian equivalents). My country is finally feeling the far reaches of GFC/ The Great Recession after 5.5 years and new employment is harder to come by due to Government position freezes and reduced government spending, as result of lower tax collections linked to lower demand from China for Australia's coal and minerals.
0 0 [Posted by: linuxlowdown  | Date: 05/25/13 04:03:19 AM]

I understand your insistence in searching an opinion capable of countering yours. Even if I don't like to admit it, if nothing changes, I think you're right about the mean green. This might be why there are so few awnsers (and so many thumbs down by fans)

That said, AMD is surprizing many by producing innovative, reliable and high performing products when some keeps seeing them dead. You never know, there might be something hidden in NVidia’s sleeve, so I'll be careful and watch a little more before making an opinion.

A merge between NVidia and AMD… Each time I think about it makes me dream of a super stable graphic driver and development tools. Brute performance AND smooth gameplay. Maybe a shiny stainless steel silent cooler for every card too!

Sadly, no merge’s about to happen. In the meantime, I hope NVidia's investing the necessary sums into their R&D department. After all, I have to admit I REALLY like these Radeon vs GTX battles in forums and discussions. Competition keeps the pressure high on the markets, which normally benefits the buyers in the end!

Good luck in all this relocating Ser. It's actually good to see you go over the top from time to time, it keeps the temps up! Reading your opinions often brings new and quite interesting point of views. Thanks!
1 0 [Posted by: MHudon  | Date: 05/28/13 01:20:24 PM]

friend at that time they will be with their own system like project Denver,they will come with ARM what u think?
4 0 [Posted by: mudi1  | Date: 05/26/13 03:43:28 AM]

Look at the forthcoming specs (some with benchmarks) for the OC'ed variants of the GTX 780 popping up now from EGA, Gigabyte, INNO.. they make a mockery of Titan @ $200-300 less. Looks like my next system will include a super-clocked GTX 780 if the findings are more substantiated.
1 0 [Posted by: thudo  | Date: 05/24/13 08:39:42 AM]

truth is buying a performance card today is madness coz PS4 is coming, it will give whole new level of realism,physics- beyond reach of todays card so just buy a 150$ card and replace it with HD 9000 series or with GtX 900 series,if u want impressive experience.
Why –reason is ps3(176 Gflops) with 256mb ram 256 mb video memory runs crysis 3 smoothly on HD while running same on pc we require 10X more powerful machine(magic of closed system) and PS4(1840 Gflops) have 15 times more memory and around 10X powerful gpu(with HSA) than PS3 now do simple math and calculate how much powerful pc u should have to beat PS4
5 0 [Posted by: mudi1  | Date: 05/26/13 03:52:35 AM]

Monday, April 14, 2014

8:23 am | Microsoft Vows to Release Xbox 360 Emulator for Xbox One. Microsoft Xbox One May Gain Compatibility with Xbox 360 Games

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

10:39 am | Microsoft Reveals Kinect for Windows v2 Hardware. Launch of New Kinect for Windows Approaches

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

1:57 pm | Facebook to Acquire Virtual Reality Pioneer, Oculus VR. Facebook Considers Virtual Reality as Next-Gen Social Platform

1:35 pm | Intel Acquires Maker of Wearable Computing Devices. Basis Science Becomes Fully-Owned Subsidiary of Intel

Monday, March 24, 2014

10:53 pm | Global UHD TV Shipments Total 1.6 Million Units in 2013 – Analysts. China Ahead of the Whole World with 4K TV Adoption

10:40 pm | Crytek to Adopt AMD Mantle Mantle API for CryEngine. Leading Game Developer Adopts AMD Mantle

9:08 pm | Microsoft Unleashes DirectX 12: One API for PCs, Mobile Gadgets and Xbox One. Microsoft Promises Increased Performance, New Features with DirectX 12

3:33 pm | PowerVR Wizard: Imagination Reveals World’s First Ray-Tracing GPU IP for Mobile Devices. Imagination Technologies Brings Ray-Tracing, Hybrid Rendering Modes to Smartphones and Tablets

2:00 pm | Nokia Now Expects to Close Deal with Microsoft in Q2. Sale of Nokia’s Division to Close Next Month